Systems Showcase

My 5.1 HTPC system

My modest system starts with the oldest components- my Polk Monitor 4 Series 2 main speakers that I got brand new in 1992. Next was the Polk CS100 center speaker that I got around 1994. The Yamaha YST-SW300 subwoofer and Polk minimonitors I got around 1999 (the minimonitors were used and I have no documentation or shipping box for them). In 2007 I finally gave in and got the JVC LT-46FN97 46" 1080p LCD screen, and the Yamaha RX-V2600 receiver and DVD-C950 DVD changer. The DVD changer and HTPC are connected to the receiver via HDMI cables and the receiver is connected to the LCD with HDMI cables as well. Audio signals from the HTPC are transferred to the receiver via fiber optics. I custom built the HTPC in 2005. It runs Windows MCE 2005 for the moment. It sits inside an Ahanix D.Vine case and has an Asus board, AMD 3700+ processor, 1 gig Corsair RAM, 120gig WD hard drive, a nVidia 6600GT video card, and a Linksys Wireless-G network card. Control is through a Logitech Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse. The HTPC is networked to my 2TB NAS server where all my movies, tv shows, and music is stored.

Equipment

• Yamaha RX-V2600 (Receiver)
  • Yamaha DVD-C950 (DVD changer)
  • JVC LT-46FN97 (46" LCD screen)
  • HTPC (custom built Home Theater Personal Computer)

Misc

• Zehnder ZX1100 German satellite receiver
  • Pace Sky Digibox British satellite receiver

Speakers

• Polk Montior 4 Series 2 (Front channels)
  • Polk minimonitors (Surround channels)
  • Polk CS100 (Center channel)
  • Yamaha YST-SW300 (Subwoofer)