Systems Showcase

Polk SDA-SRS brought back from Japan 25 years ago

I bought these speakers new in the boxes in 1987 while stationed at Camp Zama, Japan. During the next 15 years, they traveled with me from assignment to assignment until I retired from the Army 12 years ago. They now sit proudly in my home in Vancouver, WA. To me they sound as good as ever. They have never been modified with new crossover components. During the last 25 years I have thought many times about getting "better" speakers. Try as I might I could not find any other speaker that compelled me to make a change. The stereo credenza was custom made to my specs by Diamond Case Designs back in 2009. I copied Salamander Designs idea of perforated steel panels in the doors. I ordered perforated steel panels from North Carolina and had them sent to Diamond Case.

McIntosh MC402 Power Amplifier, McIntosh C46 Audio Control Center, McIntosh MR88 AM/FM/XM/HD Tuner, McIntosh MCD301 SACD/CD Player, Furman Elite-15 Dmi Linear Filtering AC Power Source, Audio Control C-131 One Third Octave Equalizers x 2, Audio Control R-130 One Third Octave Real Time Analyzer, Blue Jeans Cable for most interconnects, Diamond Case Designs Stereo Credenza custom made to my specs, Polk SDA-SRS Purchased Sept 1987, never modified.