This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
In-wall two-way speakers-our best!
Audiophile Sound From Speakers You Can Barely See
The AB855 features:
- Dynamic Balance driver components for wide response and low distortion
- Wide dispersion design for even sound-coverage throughout even bigger rooms
- Rotating Cam Mounting System: the fastest and easiest installation system around
- They're paintable! AB855s can be painted to blend in with any wall or ceiling
- A "Rough-in Kit" is available for new construction (rough-in kit not needed for installation in existing walls)
- Moisture resistant materials allow for safe use in bathrooms, saunas and under eaves (outdoors)
- 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure speaker wire connection
|Type||Dynamic Balance® Tri-laminate dome tweeter|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance® drivers, shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||30Hz - 26kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 150 watts per channel|
|Inputs||5-way binding posts|
|Cut-Out Width||6 1/4" (15.88cm)|
|Cut-Out Height||15 1/2" (39.37cm)|
|Height||16 3/4" (42.55cm)|
|Width||7 1/2" (19.05cm)|
|Mounting Depth (includes 1/2" drywall)||3 1/4" (8.26cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited, 5 years parts and labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.