This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
C300.2 (2/1 Channels)
Bridgeable 2-Channel Power Amplifier
C300.2 Championship Performance:
"This amp sounds great, and is almost indestructible, as befits a member of the Polk/MOMO family. Considering the quality of the sound, the fit/finish, and the reliability of the C300.2 I'd say this amp is a keeper."
Car Audio & Electronics
- Polk's Massive Dynamic Headroom (MDH) Power Supply uses multiple smaller-value capacitors wired in parallel to lower the Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR). This lowers impedance for more efficiency, faster transient response, more instantaneous power peaks, tighter bass and better control.
- The MDH Power Supply features oversized Toroidal Transformers to more easily deliver high voltage, high current power. This set of tremendous transformers lowers the incidental radiation of stray magnetic fields for uncontaminated audio signals.
- Oversized Power Supply BUS Bars achieve maximum power transfer from the MDH Power Supply to the audio circuitry for more efficient high voltage, high current output stages.
- Better Sound.
- Power Supply "Choke"? Inductor reduces stray noise effects from power cables and alternators, cutting ground loop disturbances for truly quiet amp performance.
- High current Bipolar Output Transistors with low impedance pump maximum voltage and high-current to your speakers. Dual low noise Operational Amplifiers at the input gain stages deliver higher gain & wider bandwidth at a faster "slew" rate (with the ability to change voltage "on the fly"), for excellent transient response.
- High-end Non-Inductive Metalized Film Capacitors in the active filter stages for excellent transient response and extended bandwidth with low noise and low distortion.
- Surface mounted Metal Film Resistors are used in the audio signal path, delivering higher performance with lower noise and less fluctuation ("value drift") over time. MFR technology is so stable that your music will sound perfect for the life of your amp.
- High damping factor at the speaker output terminals improves driver control for tighter, punchier bass.
- More Control.
- While most amps have an input sensitivity up to only about 2 Volts, Polk's Variable Input Sensitivity ensures high performance even with older, low-power head units by accepting 200mV up to 8 Volts, and allowing Line Level (RCA) or Speaker Wire inputs.
- Fully adjustable electronic crossovers power any install using virtually any speakers on the market.
|Total Frequency Response||10Hz - 45kHz|
|Signal-to-noise (Referenced to rated power)||105 dBA|
|Remote Gain||0 to -30dB|
|Protection Circuitry||Power and ground reversal, Thermal and Short, Current Overdraw and Low Impedance Protection with auto stand-by mode|
|Subsonic Filter||24dB/oct @15Hz|
|High Pass Filter|
|Filter Frequency||50Hz - 250Hz|
|Low Pass Filter|
|Filter Frequency||50Hz - 250Hz|
|Input Impedance||10.0000 k ohms|
|Output Impedance||0.0200 ohms|
|Product Weight (each)||12.00 pounds|
|Height||2 1/2" (6.35cm)|
|Depth||9 3/4" (24.77cm)|
|Channel Notes||2/1 (bridgeable)|
|Total Dynamic Power||850 watts|
|12V & Ground Cable Gauge||accept up to 4 AWG wire|
|Total Shipping Weight||13.50 pounds|
Amplifier Power Specs
|RMS Power at 14.4V|
|Watts per channel NOT bridged @ 1 kHz|
|4 ohms||150 watts|
|2 ohms||220 watts|
|Watts per channel bridged|
|4 ohms||450 watts|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.