This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
"The C500.1 greatly exceeds its rated power production capabilities. The amp produced an incredible 617 Watts. Finally, with the extra 0.9V added to the supply, the amp cranked out an incredible 691.5 Watts." - Performance Auto & Sound 1/04
"I changed my subwoofer amps from [Brand X] to Polk C500.1. The Polks blow away the [Brand X]s. The Polk amps make my woofers hit harder, go lower and play louder." - Brian Hughes, Trophy-Winning Pro Tuner
Championship Performance means: More Power. Better Sound. More Control. Built To Be The Best.
- Polk's Massive Dynamic Headroom (MDH) Power Supply uses multiple smaller-value capacitors wired in parallel to lower the Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR). This lowers impedance for more efficiency, faster transient response, more instantaneous power peaks, tighter bass and better control.
- The MDH Power Supply features oversized Toroidal Transformers to more easily deliver high voltage, high current power. This set of tremendous transformers lowers the incidental radiation of stray magnetic fields for uncontaminated audio signals.
- Oversized Power Supply BUS Bars achieve maximum power transfer from the MDH Power Supply to the audio circuitry for more efficient high voltage, high current output stages.
- Power Supply "Choke"? Inductor reduces stray noise effects from power cables and alternators, cutting ground loop disturbances for truly quiet amp performance.
- The C500.1 Mono Amp features JFET Input Gain Stages to provide low-noise amplification for quieter amp operation and warmer sound, while efficient Class-D, N-channel HEXFET MOSFETS deal out hard-hitting bass.
- High current Bipolar Output Transistors with low impedance pump maximum voltage and high-current to your speakers. Dual low noise Operational Amplifiers at the input gain stages deliver higher gain & wider bandwidth at a faster â€œslewâ€? rate (with the ability to change voltage â€œon the flyâ€?), for excellent transient response.
- High-end Non-Inductive Metalized Film Capacitors in the active filter stages for excellent transient response and extended bandwidth with low noise and low distortion.
- Surface mounted Metal Film Resistors are used in the audio signal path, delivering higher performance with lower noise and less fluctuation (â€œvalue driftâ€?) over time. MFR technology is so stable that your music will sound perfect for the life of your amp.
- High damping factor at the speaker output terminals improves driver control for tighter, punchier bass.
- While most amps have an input sensitivity up to only about 2 Volts, Polk's Variable Input Sensitivity ensures high performance even with older, low-power head units by accepting 200mV up to 8 Volts, and allowing Line Level (RCA) or Speaker Wire inputs.
- Fully adjustable electronic crossovers power any install using virtually any speakers on the market.
- The exclusive Polk/MOMO Pre-EQ Switch optimizes the amp's active crossovers for use with Polk/MOMO Ultra High Performance Speakers and Subwoofers for perfect sound every time! In the C500.1, the Pre-EQ is a single-band fixed EQ (+9dB @ 40Hz, bandwidth of 1/3 octave) specifically tailored to punch up Polk/MOMO Sub response.
- Easily installed Remote Subwoofer Level Control is included with the C500.1 Mono Amp. (Available separately for the other models.)
Built To Be The Best.
- Industrial-strength extruded aluminum, supremely rigid and warp-resistant, with excellent heat dissipation for more reliable performance. Styled in conjunction with MOMO, maker of the world's most sought-after bolt-on accessories, and featuring real Carbon Fiber accents.
- 6-Way Smart System Protection (SSP) circuits: Power and Ground-Reversal Protection, Thermal and Short Protection, Current Overdraw and Low Impedance Protection circuits with auto-Standby Mode ensure safety, reliability and durability.
- Selectable Subsonic Filters (15Hz@24dB/octave) for an extra level of speaker protection. Select ON/OFF via internal jumpers to keep subsonic frequencies from reaching drivers, preventing driver damage at high levels of low frequency play and reducing stress on the power supply for extreme reliability.
- Dual (top and side) computer optimized extruded aluminum Heat Sinks for more efficient power output, superior heat dissipation and high reliability.
- Double Layer Fiberglass Epoxy Printed Circuit Boards for more rigidity and less shrinkage, with plated through-holes instead of jumpers, for twice the amount of component contact area. Efficient layout safely packs more circuitry, with tighter component tolerances, into a smaller circuit board for a smaller overall amp footprint.
- Removable cast aluminum End Caps offer more flexible install options, including an even smaller amp footprint.
- Power, Thermal and Short Protection LEDs easily visible on top plate.
- Hideaway Cover Plate conceals the wiring and the "Set It Once" user-adjustable controls for clean-looking, fiddle-free installs.
|Total Frequency Response||< 10Hz to 200Hz|
|Signal-to-noise (Referenced to rated power)||105 dBA|
|Remote Gain||0 to -30dB|
|Protection Circuitry||Power and ground reversal, Thermal and Short, Current Overdraw and Low Impedance Protection with auto stand-by mode|
|Subsonic Filter||24dB/Octave @ 15Hz|
|Low Pass Filter|
|Filter Slope||12 or 24dB/Octave|
|Filter Frequency||30Hz to 200Hz|
|Input Impedance||10.0000 k ohms|
|Output Impedance||0.0200 ohms|
|Product Weight (each)||10.00 pounds|
|Height||2 1/2" (6.35cm)|
|Depth||9 3/4" (24.77cm)|
|Channel Notes||1 MonoBlock|
|Total Dynamic Power||975 watts|
|12V & Ground Cable Gauge||accept up to 4 AWG wire|
|Total Shipping Weight||12.00 pounds|
Amplifier Power Specs
|RMS Power at 14.4V|
|Watts per channel NOT bridged @ 1 kHz|
|4 ohms||350 watts|
|2 ohms||500 watts|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.