This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Center Channel Loudspeaker
The name "Monitor" is special to Polk Audio. The original Polk Audio Monitor Series, produced in the mid-1970s, ushered in the modern loudspeaker era by setting the standard for performance and value. The original Monitor Series is the line that made Polk Audio famous with its simple, sturdy construction, clear, accurate sound, powerful bass and superior imaging all at a price that made great sound available to everyone.
The newly reborn Monitor Series is classic Polk: a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. They are highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they are voice matched for lifelike surround sound environments. The Monitor Series boasts a stylish contemporary look, modern Titanium faces, and bold stabilizer feet on the tower models. Built for speed, sound quality and value, the Monitor Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.
The CS1 center speaker has been designed to be the perfect match for Monitor Series speakers in multi-channel systems.
The CS1 features:
- High efficiency design allows the CS1 to reveal the classic Polk Audio sound (open, spacious and clear) even when driven by modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers.
- 1" (25mm) Fabric/Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Dome Tweeter with powerful Neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- Bi-Laminate Composite Dynamic Balance Drivers are lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and lower distortion.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 1.75"-thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality.
- Reversible-design cabinets can be turned upside down to aim "up" when placed under a video monitor.
- Five-Way Binding Post Connectors for more secure hook-up options.
- Available in two finishes (Black & Cherry) with Titanium faces.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near TVs with no risk of video distortion.
- Critically Tuned Flared Port minimizes port noise ("chuffing") for good low frequency extension with low port noise, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
|Type||Dynamic Balance Silk/polymer composite dome, magnetically shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance Bi-laminate composite cone drivers, magnetically shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||55Hz - 25kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||24 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||65 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 125 watts per channel|
|Inputs||5-way binding posts|
|Depth||9 5/8" (24.45cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||13.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||17.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.