This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Our best center channel speaker, featuring built-in powered subwoofers
Center Speakers That Give Everyone A Front Row Seat
Got the big towers astride your widescreen TV, got the extra subwoofers for your rear surround speakers. You need the kind of no-holds-barred full range center channel response that only the new CS1000p can provide. The CS1000p features two built-in 6.5" 50 Watt Powered Subwoofers for EXTREME performance in the most demanding home theater situations. These incredible subwoofers provide the best possible front stage imaging, and improve the bass and dynamic range performance of your entire system.
The CS1000p features:
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement on or near your TV without fear of picture interference.
- Cascade Tapered Driver Array maintains wide horizontal dispersion so that every listener in the room hears clear, detailed sound no matter where they're sitting
- Tremendous full range bass response provided by two 6.5" built-in 50 Watt Powered Subwoofers with dual rear-firing Power Port vents
- Four Dynamic Balance drivers for wide response and low distortion
- Dynamic Balance Tri-Laminate tweeter with vapor deposited micro-layers of stainless steel and aluminum for clear, detailed highs
- Fluid cooled tweeter assembly allows for the high power handling that's essential in a powerful center channel speaker
- Anti-diffraction bezel and grille system minimizes grille-edge reflections for more open, spacious, lifelike imaging
- Smooth, natural midrange reproduction thanks to patented Acoustic Resonance Control Control (ARC) technology, another Polk Audio exclusive
- Low profile design for unobtrusive placement
- Convenient front panel subwoofer volume control
- Timbre matched to other Polk speakers for seamless, lifelike imaging throughout your home theater setup
- Dual (bi-ampable) gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure wire connections
- Real wood Black veneer finish
About Polk CS Center Speakers:
A great Center Channel Speaker is a critical component of any home theater system. It could be the hardest working speaker in any system because it delivers over 50% of a film's soundtrack information: dialog, effects, music... Everything is anchored to the screen image by your center channel's performance. That's why you need a serious Center Channel Speaker for your serious home theater.
And to get exceptional home theater performance from your multi-channel speaker setup, you need a Center Channel Speaker with the same sonic characteristics as the rest of your speakers. The Polk Audio CS Series of Center Channel Speakers is timbre matched, sonically identical, to other Polk Audio speakers. The CS Series uses the same components that are used in other Polk Audio speakers, as well as our exclusive Dynamic Balance technology to ensure seamless, realistic imaging. Wide dispersion components deliver clean, clear sound to every listener no matter where they're sitting in the room -- even off-axis.
|Type||Dynamic Balance® Tri-laminate dome tweeter, shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance® mid/bass drivers, shielded|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance® drivers, shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||30Hz - 26kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||45 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Mid-High Array Crossover||driver #1 2nd order LPF @ 800Hz; driver #2 2nd order LPF @ 2kHz, 150Hz 2nd order electrical HPF on both drivers,|
|Subwoofer Crossover||Subwoofers: 2nd order Butterworth LPF, fixed 150Hz|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 250 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-ampable) gold-plated 5-way binding posts and line level sub input|
|Power Requirements (voltage)||20 -250|
|Bandwidth||30 - 200|
|Continuous Average Output|
|Dynamic Power||100 watts|
|Height||8 5/8" (21.91cm)|
|Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||Vented, ARC Port|
|Subwoofer Enclosure Type||Vented, Power Port|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||53.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited, 5 years parts and labor|
|Subwoofer Amplifier Warranty||Limited, 2 years parts and labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
Richard Hardesty, Widescreen Review, May/June 1999
"It is one of the few horizontally oriented center channel speakers that I have heard that doesn't present a dramatic change in tonality as the listener moves across the horizontal soundfield. This is due to the tapered crossover design. It is hard to fault the CS1000p in any way. It sounds good and it is capable of playing at very high levels. This center channel has bass but avoids the chesty sound of some other full range units. Dialogue is presented naturally and is always clear and intelligible."
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.