This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Two-way Center Channel Loudspeaker
There are no downloads available. If you need assistance, please contact us.
Home theater takes on a new dimension.
The new CS225 is the perfect center speaker choice to match with main Polk speakers which use the black dome 1" Dynamic Balance tweeter. It's high power handling, superb midrange definition and neutral tonal balance make it a great choice for non brand-matched systems.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement next to TVs without picture interference
- Low profile design allows unobtrusive placement on top of TVs
- Dynamic BalanceÂ® drive units ensure correct timbre matching to other Polk speakers for seamless, life-like imaging
- Angled cabinet allows speaker to be pointed upward when placed in a low position (such as on a cabinet shelf under the TV)
- Non-metallic driver basket for the best possible magnetic shielding
- Fluid cooled tweeter provides the high power handling essential for center channel speakers
The Center Channel Loudspeaker:
Whether you're assembling a new home theater system or upgrading an existing one, to experience the full potential of Surround Sound you will need a center channel loudspeaker.
Contrary to popular opinion, the center speaker is not just for reproducing dialog. Since all on-screen action, including explosions, gunshots and sound effects as well as dialog, must be faithfully reproduced and anchored to the TV screen, not just any speaker will do.
Here's a checklist of things to look for in a center channel speaker.
- High Power Handling - as much as 90 percent of the sound comes from the center channel loudspeaker. Since most home theater is played more loudly than music, the center channel is going to be driven harder than ordinary speakers can handle.
- Clarity and fidelity - You should be able to feel the impact of an explosion and share the intimacy of a whisper, something that only a well-designed full range speaker can do.
- Exceptional Magnetic Shielding - Since the center channel is placed usually on top of or below your TV, it must be magnetically shielded so it won't distort and discolor the TV image. Prolonged exposure to stray magnetic fields like those from poorly shielded speakers can cause permanent damage to your TV.
- High Utility - The center channel speaker needs to be compact with a low profile so that it can be placed on top of a TV without sticking out like a sore thumb. Its size and shape should allow it to fit into a variety of furniture and spaces.
- Flat, accurate frequency response and a neutral tonal balance to insure a "timbre match" with new speakers you use for left and right. As visual images move across the screen, their sonic images move with them. If the three front speakers are not well matched, the character of the sound will change as the sound moves from speaker to speaker. A fighter jet may sound more like a single engine plane as it passes through the center speaker. Using the same speaker in the center as you use for the left and right channels is not practical. This would most likely mean having a large, obtrusive speaker sitting on your TV set. However, it takes accuracy and neutral tonal balance to make non-identical speakers blend well.
Designing a speaker to address all these criteria is a tall order. How do you build an uncolored high performance speaker capable of handling lots of power, magnetically shield it and then package it into a compact, unobtrusive enclosure? By applying the latest technological advances in materials and measurement to an understanding of people's needs, Polk has done exactly that in three new center channel loudspeakers. The Polk Audio CS150, the CS250S and the CS350LS.
- Excerpt from 1994 promotinal information
|Type||Dynamic Balance Polymer dome tweeter|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||4 1/2" (11.43cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance mid-woofers|
|Total Frequency Response||70Hz - 25kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||23 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||90 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10 - 125 watts per channel|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
There are currently no customer reviews for this product.Write your own review
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.