This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
A high performance dedicated Center Channel Speaker, with reversible-aim cabinet and stability KickStand for shallow-depth TVs.
Real Wood, Real High Performance
CSi Center Channel Speakers easily carry the 50+% of center channel info delivered in multi-channel sources; their upside-down aim-able cabinets give you the ultimate in placement flexibility and sound-tailoring for your high performance home theater system.
- Acoustically inert 3/4" MDF cabinets, finished in Cherry wood or Black Oak veneers. Turn them upside-down to aim them "up" when your placement requires them to be below your TV or video screen (it's a Polk innovation we pioneered back in the 90s!). Or, use the CSi5's Adjustable Kick Stand Prop to balance the speaker on your shallow-depth RPTV.
- Dynamic Balance polymer composite drivers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- Power Port bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction.
- 1" silk dome Dynamic Balance tweeter features a neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs; heat-sinked for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability.
- Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets.
- Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications. (The CSi5 is a truly bi-wire- and bi-amp-able Center Channel Speaker!)
- Timbre-matched to fit into any Polk Audio home theater or multi-channel music system for a more realistic, more seamless surround sound environment.
- Floating grilles compliment the real wood finishes and softened contours of the new CSi Series Center Channel Loudspeakers. Metallic elements add a touch of modern style to these classic Polk Audio high performance workhorses.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Cones with Rubber Surrounds|
|Total Frequency Response||45Hz-27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20-200 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-amp) gold plated 5-way binding posts|
|Height||7 11/16" (19.53cm)|
|Depth||14 1/2" (36.83cm)|
|Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||Vented via rear panel Power Port and front panel ARC port|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||29.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.