This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Two db124 12-inch subwoofers in a perfectly optimized enclosure.
Put Your Car Audio System On Steroids
The db212-2 enclosure features:
- Internally braced 3/4-inch MDF--the same low resonance material used in the world's finest speaker enclosures.
- The front baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and resistance to impact.
- A sheet of Elastomeric damping material isolates the ABS trim from the baffle as it acts as a sealing gasket for the woofers. This "trilaminate" sandwich construction prevents unwanted rattles and resonance, ensuring bass that's as tight as it is powerful.
- Polk Audio's patented Power Port venting technology reduces air turbulence at the port mouth for higher bass output with vastly lower noise and distortion compared to conventional ports.
- Wheel-style heavy-duty ABS grilles protect the drivers from shifting cargo. Grilles and baffle may be painted to match the vehicle's interior color.
The dual db124 12-inch subwoofers feature:
- Single Voice Coil 4 Ohm drivers wired in parallel for a net 2-Ohm load, optimum for today's Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
- Stiff Polypropylene cones for outstanding temperature and tensile strength.
- Santoprene surrounds stand-up the harshest automotive environments, including extremes in temperature, humidity and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- Fire-retardant flat NOMEX Spiders allow extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Former and pole piece vent the 4-Layer High Temperature Voice Coil Fomer for exceptional power handling and reliability.
- Voice coil alignment, motor and suspension were optimized using a state-of-the-art Klippel laser analyzer, ensuring superior cone travel linearity for flatter response and lower distortion.
|Type||Long throw with Polymer composite cone and butyl rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||20Hz-200Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||2 ohms|
|Product Weight (each)||81.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||85.00 pounds|
Subwoofer Box Dimensions
|Height||16 1/4" (41.27cm)|
|Width||34 1/8" (86.68cm)|
|Depth||17 1/8" (43.50cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
Performance Auto & Sound magazine
2005 Annual Issue
"The db212-2 is easily the best-looking subwoofer enclosure I have ever seen."
"...the attention to detail in [the bass port] execution is the best I have seen to date."
"With bass-heavy tracks from Chemical Brothers and Moby, the bass was loud and aggressive. The enclosure, which is relatively small for a pair of 12s, excels at producing mirror-shaking bass."
"It cranked out an incredible 136.33dB in my WRX. That's hands down the loudest subwoofer enclosure I've ever had in my car."
"I won't hold back in saying that I am totally impressed with the design and construction of this enclosure. It is easily the best I have ever come across. The intricate and detailed interior treatment and even the simple fact that the vent is on the same plane as the woofers really adds to the value. The enclosure works great and the proof is in its ability to get loud. Very loud.
If cruising the streets with the bass cranked is your game but you aren't made of money, then check out the Polk Audio db212 enclosure. It's an impressive, great-looking bass system."
Car Sound & Performance
"No doubt about it, the [db212-2] enclosure looks awesome."
"With only 1 Watt into 2 ohms, the db212-2 delivered an impressive 103.9 dB at 30Hz. With 500 Watts supplied, the db212-2 delivered a peak SPL of 127.4 at 50Hz."
"From 30Hz on up the system was very impressive."
"The woofers did not sound strained in any of my tests-a result of excellent enclosure design by Polk Audio....[who] tuned the db212-2 for great sound quality. The bass ounded smmoth and well controlled. A really well built, pre-built enclosure."
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.