This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
4-inch coaxial speaker
Incredible Sound/Affordable Price
Really good stuff at a really good price is where it's at. So we took really good stuff, grabbed it by the neck, held it down and force-fed it Creatine and Ginko Biloba, whatever those are. We mixed it up with patented Polk technologies and a reckless desire for big volume output. We created speakers with better performance, bigger volume and better value -- the db Series. db Series is classic Polk Audio: outrageous performance and durability at a price that will please your wallet.
- Dynamic Balance Polymer/Mica Composite Mineral Filled Cone is stiff yet lightweight for big sound, little distortion.
- Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- 25mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- Flush & Surface Mount swivel cups allow placement flexibility and soundstage optimization.
- Low-mass 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil former is lightweight for high sound output. Kapton's high melting temperature (725°F/400°C!) ensures high power handling and kick-butt reliability.
- Multi-Hole Mounting Pattern and shallow depthÂ¾ our highest vehicle application ratio for easy drop-in installations in practically any car on the road, including yours.
- New db-design grille.
- Durable Butyl Rubber Surround won't fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
- Pole Plate Heat Sink promotes better heat dissipation for superior power handling and reliability.
- Flat Spider for faster, longer excursion linear motion.
- Flexible Woven Leads sewn directly into Spider for greater reliability.
- Electronic Tweeter Protection Circuit protects your tweeters from accidental abuse.
- Reinforced, acoustically inert Stamped Steel Baskets are electrostatically powder-coated for a tough as nails finish .
- One year parts & labor warranty.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Type||Polymer/Mica Composite cone with rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||85Hz - 22kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Bottom Mount||1 13/16" (4.60cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
4 reviews with an average of 5Write your own review
by Jeff, October 22, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great bass response from a compact speaker
Mid's can be a bit overwhelming for my musical tastes, so i have to tone them down a touch via my headunit. Still a great speaker
Excellent replacement for my stock '99 Audi front door speakers. The bass output from these 4" inchers is incredible. Currently being powered by my Kenwood KDC-4028 head unit, but i am going to hook up a Rockford Fosgate P4004 50w x4 to get the most out of them (which is why i only gave them **** stars[for now]). Great compliment to my (2) DB650's in my rear deck.
by Scott, April 24, 20060 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Small Speakers, BIG Sound
Unfortunately the rear speakers in my Subaru WRX STI would only allow 4” speakers. I was a bit disappointed to say the least. However after installing the Polkaudio 4” speakers in the rear doors I can honestly say Wow they sound much larger than 4” and 10 times as good as the OEM speakers. I would recommend these speakers to ALL Subaru owners for an immediate upgrade and improvement over the plastic case, quarter size magnet of the OEM speaker
by Robert, August 5, 20060 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
good bass, high range of sounds and frequencies, handles a-lot of low frequency sounds.
had to "modify" the speaker to make it fit in my front dash, but in the long run i was satisfied.
These speakers definately supprised me. for small speakers theay kick out some serious sound and actually produce good bass! no problems whatsoever. I turned these baby's up along with the 6 1/2" polk speakers in my car to volume 20 which is unbearably lound and there were no rattling, raspy, and crinkling sounds at all. highly reccomended if you have an older model car that only fits these speakers. great buy too!
by Ernie , April 27, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Very big sound for a four inch speaker. Excellent quality and workmanship.
None. I knew what I was buying and got what I expected.
I originally installed these db400's in the dash of my Subaru. Quality of materials and workmanship were obvious when I opened the box. They look and feel bullet proof and made a very noticeable improvement over the stock speakers. I think they are more ideally suited to be door speakers though. I found a 4" component system made by mbquart and will move these coaxials to the rear door panels for added sound fill. The component system allowed me to mount a tweeter to the A-panel on each door which gets rid of some of the off axis issues. I give it five stars because it's not fair to campare apples to oranges. This is one of the best, if not the best, 4" coaxial you can get. And the price is a steal! If Polk made a 4" component system, that would have been my choice, hands down.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.