This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
5.25 inch two way component system with external crossover
Incredible Sound/Affordable Price
The db5250 component system is the ultimate example of how to create speakers with better performance, bigger volume and better value. The db Series is classic Polk Audio: outrageous performance and durability at a price that won't empty your wallet.
db5250 Technologies and Features:
- Dynamic Balance Polymer/Mica Composite Mineral Filled Cone is stiff yet lightweight for big sound, little distortion.
- Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- 25mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- Flush & Surface Mount swivel cups allow placement flexibility and soundstage optimization.
- Low-mass 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil former is lightweight for high sound output. Kapton's high melting temperature (725°F/400°C!) ensures high power handling and kick-butt reliability.
- Multi-Hole Mounting Pattern and shallow depthÂ¾ our highest vehicle application ratio for easy drop-in installations in practically any car on the road, including yours.
- Muscular ABS Grilles, computer optimized and based on exclusive MOMO designs.
- Durable Butyl Rubber Surround won't fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
- Pole Plate Heat Sink promotes better heat dissipation for superior power handling and reliability.
- Flat Spider for faster, longer excursion linear motion.
- Flexible Woven Leads sewn directly into Spider for greater reliability.
- 2nd-order Butterworth Outboard Crossover for fiddle-free perfect sound.
- Electronic Tweeter Protection Circuit protects your tweeters from accidental abuse.
- Vented Crossover Housing gives you a choice of hidden wire channels for easier, more professional-looking installs.
- Rock solid, acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket finished in rustproof Gun Metal Gray.
- One year parts & labor warranty.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Polymer/Mica Composite cone with rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||53 - 23kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Cut-Out Diameter||4 11/16" (11.91cm)|
|Tweeter Cut-Out Diameter||2 1/16" (5.24cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||2 5/16" (5.87cm)|
|Bottom Mount||2 7/16" (6.19cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
6 reviews with an average of 4.5Write your own review
by robert, January 28, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great for head unit power.
Sounded the same when I hooked them to an alpine 2channel amp, even after hours of tweeking with my system.
I have these hooked up to my alpine head unit and they sound sweet. Super clean highs and tight mid bass.
by Gil, May 25, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
even with full RMS, very clear presice speaker at all volumes!
I bought these speakers without listening to them just based on reviews I read in different places from different people. I have not connected them to head unit power or anything other than the system I have set up now so I can't say how they sound straight from the head unit. I am powering them with a 100Wx2 RMS Profile Clarus Amp. I have to say, these are the CLEAREST, CLEANEST, LOUDEST sounding speakers I have ever heard. (I have heard, owned, and installed ALOT of HIGH POWER systems!) Even at full volume these speakers SCREAM with absolutely no distortion. (I am VERY careful not to set the gain to high on the amp to protect these speakers but even with the amp overgained distortion was very hard to notice) I hear every bit of music with incredible accuracy. The only thing I can think to put for these speakers as a weakness is the tweeters. It's not a question of accuracy or clarity as they rate just the same as the woofers. They are however very bright sounding. This is something that I would usually put in as a compliment, but in this case I would say they are to bright, so much so that they give the illusion of almost sounding harsh at times. For all I know it may just be the way my car reflects the high sounds and have nothing to do with the speakers themselves but nonetheless it was a problem. Unhappy with this result, I did some tinkering and found that lowering the treble a bit seemed to remedy this for the most part (Lowering the treble from the head unit caused the back to suffer also so I accomplished this with a 1 ohm 50watt resistor in series with the tweeter) until I finally purchased a set of midranges for the dash which eliminated the need for the resistor, permanently remedied the tweeter problem, and balanced out my system perfectly. If the back speakers had been the same, I'm sure an EQ would have also helped solved this problem. Despite this obstacle though I have to say I am extremely happy with these speakers. I would recommend them to anybody who is looking for extreme clarity without an extreme price tag, would buy them again without so much as a second thought, and am very sorry that I hadn't tried Polk sooner.
by TERRY, November 8, 20060 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
My Ears like the pounding
I cant put 20 more in my truck...........
I was in the store and the guy closed the doors and cranked these puppies up....Wow I guess all my thoughts of high end spearkers are all wrong... I also put the 3 way 6 x 9 In the rear of my heritage f 150 ford and bang..Theses speakers and my amp can make your ears Bleed.... serious..Bleed Baby.. very sweet... A Judas Priest Concert in the front seats of my truck ??? Its almost a live concert.... At 42 yrs im good to go.......Hey to the guys at POLK.....................Keep up the good work..............
by Brandon Schnupp, April 15, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Style Clear at all volumes
HARSH tweeters Very weak structure for a crossover Bad soldering jobs on the crossovers Cannot handle near the ratted RMS Lack of instructions on how to mount the tweeters (could be confusing if it is your first time installing speakers)
These are great component speakers if you are going to be running them off a head unit. Do NOT hook these up to an amp with greater then 30 watts rms. I had these components in my vehicle for about five months running off my head unit untill i decided that i should run them off an amp. That was a big mistake, they went dead on my way to work the next day. Big bummer.
by Nicholas Astorino, August 1, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Sounds absolutely fabulous over factory radios and you can amplify them given you the option to have them play extremely loud and clear. Just can't wait to hook them up to an amp.
Haven't found any.
Polk has a great reputation for audio products. Installation was a snap on my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. Would recommend to anyone. You would figure that the tweeters would stay in the cups differently and more secure but they don't.
by Nic, August 11, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Very very clear, loud sound.
Make sure you have a sub, but great otherwise.
Great product to replace the overhead factory speakers on my '03 Wrangler. Sounded a little muddy until I broke them in, but now I can't ask for better sound. Great purchase.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.