This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
6.5 inch coaxial loudspeaker
Incredible Sound/Affordable Price
Really good stuff at a really good price is where it's at. So we took really good stuff, grabbed it by the neck, held it down and force-fed it Creatine and Ginko Biloba. We mixed it up with patented Polk technologies and a reckless desire for big volume output. We created speakers with better performance, bigger volume and better value -- the db Series. db Series is classic Polk Audio: outrageous performance and durability at a price that will please your wallet.
The db650 technologies and features:
- Dynamic Balance Polymer/Mica Composite Mineral Filled Cone is stiff yet lightweight for big sound, little distortion.
- Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- 19mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- High and low pass filters (Crossovers), deliver clearer, more accurate midrange and glare-free highs, with more natural-imaging than other speakers in this class that use single stage high-pass only filters.
- Low-mass 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil former is lightweight for high sound output. Kapton's high melting temperature (725°F/400°C!) ensures high power handling and kick-butt reliability.
- Multi-Hole Mounting Pattern and shallow depthÂ¾ our highest vehicle application ratio for easy drop-in installations in practically any car on the road, including yours.
- Muscular ABS Grilles, computer optimized and based on exclusive MOMO designs.
- Durable Butyl Rubber Surround won't fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
- Pole Plate Heat Sink promotes better heat dissipation for superior power handling and reliability.
- Flat Spider for faster, longer excursion linear motion.
- Flexible Woven Leads sewn directly into Spider for greater reliability.
- Polarized Nickel Plated Terminals on PCB terminal board for simple, secure wire connections.
- Rock solid, acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket finished in rustproof Gun Metal Gray.
- One year parts & labor warranty.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Polymer/Mica Composite cone with rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||40Hz-22KHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Cut-Out Diameter||5" (12.70cm)|
|Full-Range Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||2" (5.08cm)|
|Bottom Mount||2 5/16" (5.87cm)|
|Tweeter Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount Height||3/8" (0.95cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.