This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
8-inch single voice coil 4 Ohm subwoofer
Incredible Sound/Affordable Price
- "dish" Polypropylene cone supported by a vented cone/coil coupler stiffens the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Santoprene surround is impervious to extremes in temperature, humidity and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- Fire-retardant flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Triple venting of the 4-layer Kapton Voice Coil Former, Cone/Coil Coupler and Pole Piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
- As with all Polk Audio subwoofers, the voice coil alignment, motor and suspension were optimized using a state-of-the-art Klippel laser analyzer. The result is superior cone travel linearity for flatter response and lower distortion.
- Dual Voice Coil version also available - db804DVC
|Total Frequency Response||30-200|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||1 1/2" (3.81cm)|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||47 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||0.24 inch / 6.1 mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||1.0 inch / 25.4 mm|
|Recommended Enclosure||Sealed / Ported / Bandpass|
|SD||35.65 sq in|
|VAS||0.42cu. ft. / 11.95 L|
|Cut-Out Diameter||7 1/16" (17.94cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||4" (10.16cm)|
|Bottom Mount||4 9/16" (11.59cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
1 reviews with an average of 5Write your own review
by robb johns, May 5, 20060 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
great sub for the price and size. great all around sound.
I am running this sub with a pioneer deh-p6800mp head unit a pioneer 3200t amp bridged to give 150w nominal, 300w peak and it thumps! I also have 4 db570's powered by a pioneer gm6200f with 60w rms and it cranks! Put all that in a 2005 f150 supercab and I can go max volume and it rocks! I soon plan to put all polk speakers in my boat, cause polk kicks ass!!!
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.