This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
12 inch 4 Ohm subwoofer optimized for small sealed enclosures
More Control, More Power,
It's the biggest, baddest, most bass-happy Polk dX Subwoofer, optimized to deliver explosive bass performance in small sealed enclosures (less than 1 cubic foot). Deep, tight, musical bass -- just what you expect from Polk Audio!
dX Subwoofers feature:
- Polymer and graphite composite cones -- the stiffest cones in the autosound industry! Able to withstand the enormous pressures generated inside small enclosures without breakup and distortion.
- High mass cones allow awesome low frequency tuning in small enclosures.
- Thick ABS dustcaps prevent the distortion that can be caused by the build up of air pressure behind the cap.
- High durometer rubber surrounds provide a much tighter and more durable air seal behind the cone than foam, paper, or cloth surrounds; for deep, tight, quick bass. Also, rubber surrounds don't dry rot like the foam surrounds used by other manufacturers.
- Extra long, precision wrapped and vented coils for superior cooling and high power handling.
- Four layer, 2" voice coil handles the heat generated when your amp is really cranking.
- Vented pole piece lets air circulate over the voice coil to keep it cool and in control even when the bass is really thumping.
- 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm versions available: Choose the impedance that suits your personal system design, including exotic isobaric and push-pull types.
If you're serious about your car stereo -- don't bother with cheap-o speakers. Go for the gusto of the dX Series Loudspeakers. They give you the ultimate in performance, flexibility, and control. They contain some amazing technology -- the kind that makes them tough enough to take the heat, and powerful and efficient enough to inspire many a road trip.
|Type||Polymer Composite Subwoofer|
|Total Frequency Response||20-200Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
|Magnet Weight||40.00 pounds|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||26.3Hz Hz|
|Xmax Linear||.343in / 8.7mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||1.0in / 25.4mm|
|Winding Width||1.0in / 25.4mm|
|Recommended Enclosure||.88 cubic feet sealed|
|SD||.553sq. ft. / 0514sq m|
|VAS||2.80 cu ft. / 79.3L|
|Driver Weight||8lbs 3oz / 3.7kg pounds|
|Cut-Out Diameter||11 1/8" (28.26cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Bottom Mount||5 3/5" (14.22cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||8.30 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited, 1 Year parts and labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.