This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Full-range coaxial 5x7 car speaker
There are no downloads available. If you need assistance, please contact us.
More Control, More Power,
High-tech materials constructed with state-of-the-art techniques prime the dX Series to take all the punishment and power you can dish out: they're durable and torture-proof. And they're efficient enough to run right off your existing high-power head unit. You don't have to blow more gas money on an extra amplifier. Unless, of course, you want to!
The dX7 Features:
- Polymer/mica composite cones for enhanced performance and durability.
- Blue Tri-Laminate woven silk composite dome tweeters: "Bright without bite."
- Polk Audio's exclusive Dynamic Balance technology for superior response with all kinds of music.
- High-tech Elastomer rubberized-plastic surrounds for reliable durability and better performance.
- 1" diameter driver voice coil for superior bass and power handling.
- Extra long, precision wrapped, vented voice coils for superior cooling, longer linear throw, and high power-handling.
- dX Tweeters feature little powerhouses: the lightweight but powerful Neodymium magnet -- smaller than traditional ceramic magnets, but 7 to 10 times more powerful!
- Multi-hole mounting patterns for drop-in convenience in most any ride. That means EZ installation in most factory speaker locations.
dX coaxial speakers are the drop-in solution for high performance and high efficiency. Bass? It's tight, deep and full. Mids and highs? We got em smooth and detailed. Imaging? dX delivers spacious depth and sound staging. Price? Less than you'd expect for stuff this good.
If you're serious about your car stereo -- don't bother with cheap-o speakers. Go for the gusto of the dX Series Loudspeakers. They give you the ultimate in performance, flexibility, and control. They contain some amazing technology -- the kind that makes them tough enough to take the heat, and powerful and efficient enough to inspire many a road trip.
|Oval Height||7" (17.78cm)|
|Oval Width||5" (12.70cm)|
|Type||Polymer Composite Cone|
|Total Frequency Response||45hz-20khz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Magnet Weight||13.00 pounds|
|Oval Cut-Out Height||7 39/2500" (17.82cm)|
|Oval Cut-Out Width||5 313/10000" (12.78cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||2 9/16" (6.51cm)|
|Bottom Mount||3 1/8" (7.94cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited 1 Year Parts and Labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.