This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
8.0 inch subwoofer in 8 Ohms
More Control, More Power, More Everything
This little subwoofer will still let you run with the big bass dogs.
Truly big bass, from a truly small conveniently-sized subwoofer with all the great features of the larger dX Subs. It's optimized for small sealed enclosures, and delivers deep, tight, musical bass. It may be small, but it has room for all the great dX Sub Series features:
- Polymer and graphite composite cones-the stiffest cones in the autosound industry, able to withstand the enormous pressures generated inside small enclosures without breakup and distortion.
- High mass cones-allows awesome low frequency tuning in small enclosures.
- Thick ABS dustcap-prevents distortion due to the build up of air pressure behind the cap.
- High durometer rubber surrounds-provides a much tighter and more durable air seal behind the cone than foam, paper, or cloth surrounds, for deep, tight, quick bass. Also, rubber surrounds do not dry rot like the foam surrounds used by other manufacturers.
- Extra long, precision wrapped, vented coils-for superior cooling and high power handling.
- Four layer, 2" voice coil-handles the heat generated when your amp is really cranking.
- Vented pole piece-lets air circulate over the voice coil to keep it cool and in control even when the bass is really thumping.
- 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm versions available-allowing you to choose the impedance that suits your personal system design, including exotic isobaric and push-pull types.
|Type||Polymer Composite Cone|
|Total Frequency Response||20-hz-500hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
|Magnet Weight||40.00 pounds|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||30Hz Hz|
|VD||.022 cu ft|
|Xmax Linear||.293in / 7.48mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||1.0 in / 25.4mm|
|Winding Width||.90in / 22.9mm|
|BL||17.1 Testal Meters|
|CMS||202.3 Micro Meters|
|Recommended Enclosure||.33 cubic feet sealed|
|SD||.230sq ft / .0274sq m|
|VAS||.51cu ft / 14.29L|
|Driver Weight||8lb 3oz pounds|
|Cut-Out Diameter||7 5/16" (18.57cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||4" (10.16cm)|
|Bottom Mount||4 1/5" (10.67cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited 1 Year parts and labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.