This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Innovative Technology You Can Afford
Engineered to deliver crystal clear highs, detailed mid-range and punchy bass, EX3 Component Speaker Systems also have the mounting flexibility for ideal placement and performance. Strong, stiff mid/woofer cones offer high performance and power handling while our big 1" soft dome tweeter, handles more power and delivers smoother response than the smaller domes used by other brands.
No other system in this price range features this kind of technology: the aimable Elliptical Lens - Polk's exclusive high frequency focusing technology. The easy-to-aim Elliptical Lens focuses the system's high frequency response directly to the listening position, away from reflective surfaces, to create pinpoint imaging, a high "above the dash" soundstage and precise high frequency detail. Install it in one of three included mounting cups - for a truly professional sound system, at a truly unbelievable price.
The EX3550 features:
- The competitive EX3500 1" polymer treated parachute silk soft dome Tweeter for high power handling and smooth response.
- Efficient enough to perform with stock head units.
- Polk's exclusive Elliptical Lens to focus high frequency response for pinpoint imaging and detail.
- A mesh tweeter grille is also supplied for situations where the tweeter is on-axis with the listener and the the Rotating Lens is not appropriate.
- Three Tweeter Mounting Cups included (Flush, Straight Surface and Angled Surface Mount) to customize the tweeter placement for your vehicle.
- Neodymium magnet technology makes the EX tweeter small and powerful.
- Drivers feature molded polypropylene cones and Butyl Rubber Surrounds for long term reliability under extreme conditions.
- Powder-coated, anti-corrosion, reinforced steel baskets and grilles.
- Steep crossover (12dB/Octave for both low- and high-pass), combined with the large (1 inch) tweeter dome, results in higher power handling and better performance.
- Electronic tweeter protection circuit improves tweeter reliability and power handling.
|Type||Polymer treated silk soft dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Total Frequency Response||68Hz - 22kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Cut-Out Diameter||4 13/16" (12.22cm)|
|Height||1 173/400" (3.64cm)|
|Length||4 5/8" (11.75cm)|
|Width||2 1/2" (6.35cm)|
|Tweeter Cut-Out Diameter||1 13/16" (4.60cm)|
|Diameter||6 3/8" (16.19cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||2 3/8" (6.03cm)|
|Bottom Mount||2 5/8" (6.67cm)|
|Tweeter Mounting Depth|
|Flush Mount Depth||9/16" (1.43cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||One Year parts and labor, limited warranty|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.