This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Timbre-matched with the rest of the RTi Series for seamless, realistic surround effects.
Design-enhanced surround diffusion characteristics on the new FXi Bi-Directional Surround Speakers include triangular cabinets that aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround-sound FX, and a conveniently located bipole/dipole switch for the most flexible placement options and highest performance surround effects.
- Acoustically inert 3/4" MDF cabinets, finished in Black.
- Dynamic Balance polymer composite driver for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- 1" silk dome Dynamic Balance tweeters on opposing baffles feature neodymium magnets for clear, detailed highs; tweeters are heat-sinked for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- Bi-Pole/Di-Pole Switch conveniently located on front baffle; choose your sound radiation pattern according to your installation requirements, get the best, most realistic diffusion possible for your setup.
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability.
- Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets.
- Stylish, "floating" anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
- Timbre-matched to fit into any Polk Audio home theater or multi-channel music system for a more realistic, more seamless surround sound environment.
Floating grilles complement the finishes and softened contours of the new FXi Series Surround FX Loudspeakers. Metallic elements add a touch of modern style to these classic Polk Audio high performance speakers.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Cone with Rubber Surround|
|Total Frequency Response||45Hz-27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20-150 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Gold plated 5-way binding posts|
|Height||14 3/4" (37.47cm)|
|Width||12 1/2" (31.75cm)|
|Depth||8 3/8" (21.27cm)|
|Mounting Options||wall mount with built-in key hole slot|
|Product Weight (each)||15.00 pounds|
|Total Shipping Weight||35.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.