This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
High Performance Bi-directional
The Simple Choice
For Surround Performance
The popularity of home theater has thrust the bi-directional surround sound speaker into the spotlight. To get the most from DVD and multi-channel music formats you need a versatile high performance surround speaker. And the Oscar for best performance goes to the FXi50, for its role as the switchable, bi-directional surround FX speaker that gives you the kind of performance and placement flexibility that your high performance home theater demands. The FXi50 surrounds you with action and effects.
The FXi50 features:
- Reformulated poly-composite Dynamic Balance drivers with butyl rubber surrounds for durability and smooth wide range response.
- Dual opposing 1" silk composite "Mueller" German engineered dome tweeters for clear, detailed highs.
- Timbre-matched components to fit into any Polk Audio RTi Series home theater or multi-channel music system; for a more realistic, more seamless surround environment.
- Design-enhanced diffusion characteristics: triangular cabinets aim drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround-sound FX.
- Conveniently located bipole/dipole switch for the most flexible placement options and highest performance surround effects.
- Strong built-in wall mounting brackets for easy installation.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
|Type||Dynamic Balance® silk/polymer composite domes, shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance® driver, shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||40Hz-27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||50 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Radiation Pattern||Switchable Bipole/Dipole|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10-150 watts per channel|
|Inputs||5-way binding posts|
|Height||14 7/8" (37.78cm)|
|Width||10 1/8" (25.72cm)|
|Depth||8 7/8" (22.54cm)|
|Mounting Options||Built-in keyhole slot wall-mount brackets supplied|
|Product Weight (each)||15.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||31.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor, limited|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.