This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
10 Inch, 8-Ohm Car Subwoofer
Push It To The Limit
Is a subwoofer frivolous? I don't think so. Imagine your car without carpeting. Imagine your word processor without a spell-checker (did I spell "frivolous" right?). Imagine The Beatles without Paul. You get my point. What good is pounding beats, if you're not pounding, dawg? Plaster bass all over the place, with this 10" diameter, 8-Ohm Car Subwoofer.
Like all the GNX Subs, it's totally optimized to work great in virtually any type of enclosure from Sealed to Vented to Band-Pass (if you can build it, GNX will rock it!)... Without emptying your wallet.
- GNX Subs are available in two sizes, 10 inch and 12 inch, and three flavors of impedance, including Dual Voice Coil models (which can be paralleled for 4-Ohm or 2-Ohm loads).
- Optimized for high performance in virtually any enclosure type: sealed, vented and bandpass.
- Super strong and durable Poly-Mica Cones for gut-pounding bass.
- Huge, injection molded ABS dust cap further stiffens the cone to supress unwanted resonance. You get incredible low distortion, high impact bass response.
- Extra beefy (beefy!) magnet structure and motor assembly for high output bass with tight control.
- Four-layer vented voice coil runs cool while your music stays hot.
- Vented pole piece for higher efficiency and ultra high power handling.
- Gold-plated three-way wire terminals for secure wire termination (fast-on, solder or screw terminal choices)
- Durable rubber surround for extended life performance.
|Type||Polymer composite cone with Butyl rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||18 - 400Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||43.19 Hz|
|VAS||0.79 cu. ft (22.33L)|
|Cut-Out Diameter||9 1/4" (23.50cm)|
|Full-Range Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||4 13/16" (12.22cm)|
|Bottom Mount||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.