This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Push It To The Limit
Get dual 4-Ohm voice coil flexibility from this 10", Dual Voice Coil GNX Subwoofer. Series it for 8-Ohm and Parallel it for 2-Ohm loads. More bass for less!
Like all the GNX Subs, it's totally optimized to work great in virtually any type of enclosure from Sealed to Vented to Band-Pass (if you can build it, GNX will rock it!)... Without emptying your wallet.
- GNX Subs are available in two sizes, 10 inch and 12 inch, and three flavors of impedance, including Dual Voice Coil models (which can be paralleled for 2-Ohm or wired in series for 8-Ohm loads).
- Optimized for high performance in virtually any enclosure type: sealed, vented and bandpass.
- Super strong and durable Poly-Mica Cones for gut-pounding bass.
- Huge, injection molded ABS dust cap further stiffens the cone to supress unwanted resonance. You get incredible low distortion, high impact bass response.
- Extra beefy (beefy!) magnet structure and motor assembly for high output bass with tight control.
- Four-layer vented voice coil runs cool while your music stays hot.
- Vented pole piece for higher efficiency and ultra high power handling.
- Gold-plated three-way wire terminals for secure wire termination (fast-on, solder or screw terminal choices)
- Durable rubber surround for extended life performance.
|Minimum Impedance||6.85 (8 Ohm)|
|Total Frequency Response||18 - 400Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 (dual 4) ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||42.26 Hz|
|Cut-Out Diameter||9 1/4" (23.50cm)|
|Full-Range Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||4 13/16" (12.22cm)|
|Bottom Mount||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
2 reviews with an average of 5Write your own review
by Caynan, May 8, 20030 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
NIce all around sub hits hard and has a nice clear sound for the size and price of the sub
by John, March 21, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Durable as long as you got an amp with low distortion. Loud with low wattage. Small Mounting Depth easy to put them in thin boxes and tight spaces where they can produce alot of sound without taking up room.
Looks left some to be desired.
I had two of these in a reg. cab Nissan Frontier in a custom built box with about 1cubic foot each. I was running them at a 4ohm load(8ohm each) on a Hifonics THOR-XI amp putting 500watts RMS to both(250 each). I had an Alpine 7892 headunit with 4volt sub preamps and a sub control that went from 0-15 and i never had to get these above 7. They rocked I mean it was a head turner. It posted a 140.2db in a regular cab truck with the subs behind the seats. WOW! I ran these through the gauntlet I mean 7-10 hours of playtime per day and I play subs wide open all the time. After 3 sets I took it easy on them and realized the SQ of them. Great sub all around. I only got one comment for the people at Polk make a wise choice and bring the DX series subs back. People love those things.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.