This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
8 inch Dual 4 Ohm Component Subwoofer
Polk/MOMO Championship Performance car audio speakers are engineered by Polk Audio with ultra high-tech materials for competition-level performance and durability. They're styled exclusively by MOMO, the world's preeminent designer of racing accessories, to look as good as they sound. And for motor sports enthusiasts the world over, a MOMO product is a charismatic symbol of the finest quality.
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
The ultra-stiff Dynamic Balance Cone Polk/MOMO Subwoofers womps out massive bass. Its Dish Cone design is mechanically supported by a unique Vented Cone Coupler. This support increases the sub's axial rigidity. (It's like steel girders for your subwoofer!) Even with huge max power ratings, these subs are optimized for small enclosures, so they fit where you want your bass.
MM2084 Technologies and Features:
- Ultra-stiff Metalized Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Cone for massive bass.
- Dish Cone design is supported by a Vented Cone Coupler, increasing axial rigidity "like Viagra for your subwoofer!"
- State-of-the-art laser-based Klippel measurement technology perfectly centers the subwoofer's voice coil in the magnetic field, improving X-max and BL linearity, and the sub's micro and macro dynamics, for deep, precise, stomach-shaking and spine-wrenching bass.
- Optimized for high performance in small sealed enclosures but versatile enough to pound hard even in bandpass and vented enclosuresÂ¾ Flat, deep bass with great extension as only Polk/MOMO can do it.
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Built tough and backed by the best warranty in the car audio world: Three years parts and labor.
- Triple vented for maximum airflow, high dissipation and high power handling: Vented Coil/Cone Coupler, Vented Spider Platform and Vented Pole Piece all allow cooling air to freely flow over the heat-generating components and better harness all the watts your amp can dish out.
- Durable, airtight Rubber Surround for a long life of extended linear motion, optimized to achieve the longest throw possible for the cone: "Big cone, big throw!"
- Huge, fire-retardant flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket with massive, rock-solid non-flexing magnet and motor assembly with removable Rubber Magnet Boot for more damping and deeper install flexibility.
- Anti-Resonance Trim Gasket for tight fit with G Series Grilles, removable for over 1/4Â² of installation flexibility.
- Heat shrink rubber coated tinsel leads with strain relief terminal connections to take the punishment of long excursion bass.
- Professional Grade Nickel Plated Locking Push Terminals for secure connections; big holes accept nice fat wire, big as 12 gauge!
- Optional MOMO Design "Quasar II" rim-style G8 Grille available separately at your authorized Polk Audio AutoSound dealer, or at shop.polkaudio.com.
|Type||Metalized (aluminum) Polypropylene Dynamic Balance cone|
|Minimum Impedance||Dual 3.25|
|Total Frequency Response||26-200 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||Dual 4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||1 1/2" (3.81cm)|
|Magnet Weight||25.00 pounds|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||43 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||.30 / 7.5 mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||.71 in. / 18 mm|
|Recommended Enclosure||Sealed, Ported, or Bandpass|
|SD||34.72 sq.in. / 224 sq.cm.|
|VAS||0.624 cu. ft. / 17.66L|
|Driver Weight||9 lbs / 19.8 kg pounds|
|Cut-Out Diameter||7 1/16" (17.94cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount without Cup||4" (10.16cm)|
|Top Mount||4 1/4" (10.79cm)|
|Bottom Mount||4 9/16" (11.59cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||9.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
4 reviews with an average of 4.5Write your own review
by Jstas, October 1, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Small size, big sound, clean and accurate bass. They dig pretty low for an 8" sub too. Good power handling with dual VC's.
Binding posts are small and awkward to work with. The only other weakness I see is cosmetic in that I'm not fond of the logo style on them.
These are very good subs and probably the best 8" sub I have heard in a long time! I have them installed in small, sealed enclosures ~.35 cu. ft. in volume. They have very big power handling for a small sub too. I am powering a pair of these in a Jeep Wrangler and using a Hifonics Nemesis NX 750D. They are wired to a 1 ohm load so the speakers are getting roughly 750 watts between the pair. This is slightly under thier rated RMS value but that doesn't seem to stop these wee beastys from performing well beyond my expectations! They just passed thier break-in period and I turned them up to thier full potential. They are quite impressive and worth the money paid for them whether you get them at retail or on a sale. When compared to previous 8 inch subs I have owned from Kenwood, Kicker, JL Audio, older Polk Audio subs and yes, even Pyle, these are the cleanest 8 inch subs I have used. The only sub I think that can compare to these DVC subs is the JL Audio W7 series and I would put the favor in the Polks. They flatout out-muscle the JL's because of power handling capabilities. That's even with the JL's in the recommended proted boxes and the Polks in a sealed box. Physical comparison to the W7, the Polks are very similar in build quality and construction. Long time durability is not known right now but judging by the build quality and materials used, I don't see it being an issue. These should defintly be considered over larger subs in an installation where space and/or stealth is an issue/requirement. I would recommend them to anyone! I think Polk Audio has a winner of a sub here and I hope it doesn't go anywhere any time soon!
by STAFLO, January 25, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
GREAT POWER HANDLING AND RESPONSE. REALLY DIP DOWN INTO THE LOW 50-80 HZ NOTES.
IF NOT INSTALLED BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW DO BUILD BOXES THEY WILL POP AND BOTTOM OUT. (NOT THE SUBS FAULT)
BEST 8" FOR THE MONEY! I HAVE TWO IN A PORTED BOX IN MY SOUNDROOM AND THEY SURPRISE SOMEONE EVERYDAY. THIS SUB IS MY TURN TO PIECE FOR ANY QUALITY SYSTEM. AN UNBELIEVEABLE BUY. I HAVE INSTALLED THEM IN ALL COMMON CARS (CHEVY, FORD, DODGE.)
by C. Wells, May 9, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Durability of the subwoofer along with sound quality.
Not having more of these subwoofers....
I have used many different subwoofers in my vehicles. I always find myself going back to the Polk 8" subwoofers for the best results in my Ford Sport Trac.
by anrew, May 31, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
accurate, responsive and pretty nice extension for an 8''.
must be powered correctly. gain is an important thing.
I just got one of these to replace an old JL w1 12''. i immediately could tell that this was just a cleaner sounding sub. i put this little thing in a sealed box that fits behind the passenger seat in a 2000 accord v6 lx. it sounds damn good for being an 8''. people that have been in my car just "assume" that i have something bigger. very clean bass, very clear and articulate without going overboard. if you're into SQ, check these little guys out.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.