This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
10-inch Dual 4 Ohm Component Subwoofer
Polk/MOMO Championship Performance car audio speakers are engineered by Polk Audio with ultra high-tech materials for competition-level performance and durability. They're styled exclusively by MOMO, the world's preeminent designer of racing accessories, to look as good as they sound. And for motor sports enthusiasts the world over, a MOMO product is a charismatic symbol of the finest quality.
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
The ultra-stiff Dynamic Balance Cone Polk/MOMO Subwoofers womps out massive bass. Its Dish Cone design is mechanically supported by a unique Vented Cone Coupler. This support increases the sub's axial rigidity. (It's like steel girders for your subwoofer!) Even with huge max power ratings, these subs are optimized for small enclosures, so they fit where you want your bass.
MM2104 Technologies and Features:
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Ultra-stiff Metalized Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Cone for massive bass.
- Dish Cone design is supported by a Vented Cone Coupler, increasing axial rigidity "like Viagra for your subwoofer!"
- State-of-the-art laser-based Klippel measurement technology perfectly centers the subwoofer's voice coil in the magnetic field, improving X-max and BL linearity, and the sub's micro and macro dynamics, for deep, precise, stomach-shaking and spine-wrenching bass.
- Optimized for high performance in small sealed enclosures but versatile enough to pound hard even in bandpass and vented enclosures¾ Flat, deep bass with great extension as only Polk/MOMO can do it.
- Built tough and backed by one of the best warranty in the car audio world: Three years parts and labor.
- Triple vented for maximum airflow, high dissipation and high power handling: Vented Coil/Cone Coupler, Vented Spider Platform and Vented Pole Piece all allow cooling air to freely flow over the heat-generating components and better harness all the watts your amp can dish out.
- Durable, airtight Rubber Surround for a long life of extended linear motion, optimized to achieve the longest throw possible for the cone: "Big cone, big throw!"
- Huge, fire-retardant flat NOMEX® Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket with massive, rock-solid non-flexing magnet and motor assembly with removable Rubber Magnet Boot for more damping and deeper install flexibility (reduces product depth by 1/4-inch).
- Anti-Resonance Trim Gasket for tight fit with G Series Grilles, removable for over 1/4Â² of installation flexibility.
- Heat shrink rubber coated tinsel leads with strain relief terminal connections to take the punishment of long excursion bass.
- Professional Grade Nickel Plated Locking Push Terminals for secure connections; big holes accept nice fat wire, big as 12 gauge!
- Optional MOMO Design "Quasar II" rim-style Grille available separately at your authorized Polk Audio AutoSound dealer, or at shop.polkaudio.com.
Don't let your MM Series Sub go nekkid! Get an exclusive Polk/MOMO Custom Sub Grille.
NOTE: The MM2104 does not replace the MM104. The MM104 offers a cast aluminum basket for "rear-end-out" installations and higher power handling than the MM2104, at a higher cost.
|Type||Metalized (aluminum) Polypropylene Dynamic Balance cone|
|Minimum Impedance||Dual 3.25|
|Total Frequency Response||24-200 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||Dual 4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
|Magnet Weight||45.00 pounds|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||38 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||..37 in. / 9.5 mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||.71 in. / 18 mm|
|Recommended Enclosure||Sealed / Ported / Bandpass|
|SD||54.72 sq.in. / 353 sq.cm.|
|VAS||0.89 cu.ft. / 25.1 L|
|Cut-Out Diameter||9 1/16" (23.02cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount without Cup||5 1/2" (13.97cm)|
|Top Mount||5 3/4" (14.61cm)|
|Bottom Mount||6 1/4" (15.88cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||15.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
3 reviews with an average of 5Write your own review
by Bhavik, August 3, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
i like the strong surround.
i see no weaknesses with this sub.
man this sub has a load of bass or a resonable price.
by G_UNIT, November 2, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
really strong bass while still being able to hear the words of songs. Greeat Price!!!
im pretty sure it does not have a weakness
Great bass for a cheaper price..it doesnt get any better than Polk MOMO
by Mo, April 30, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Deep & precise bass..
I came accross this Sub at a Sound Advice clearance sale in Miami.. I was originally looking for JL Audio V3's and was surprised that the clarity and deep base from the Polk Momo's was actually better than JL's V3 at more than half the cost. Would definetly recommend to anyone and would definetly buy again!!!
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.