This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
12-inch Component Subwoofer
"It's like VIAGRA for your subwoofer!"
Polk/MOMO Subwoofers are like compact thunder machines. They have an ultra-stiff Dynamic Balance Cone. The "Dish Cone" design is mechanically supported by a unique Vented Cone Coupler. This Coupler looks like the outspread fingers of a hand holding up a basketball.
This incredible Vented Cone Coupler is constructed of rigid injection-molded ABS. Its support increases the sub's axial rigidity, literally propping up the dish cone, distributing the motive force of the Voice Coil over a larger surface area of the cone. It's the same principle as if the Voice Coil were wearing snowshoes and the bottom of the cone was tundra. It's the same principle as if the dish cone was gobbling handfuls of Viagra just minutes before a hot date.
The result of all this propping and rigidity and tundra is a vast reduction in distortion-producing cone break-up and resonance, for quick, clean, deep bass; Polk/MOMO-style bass!
Polk/MOMO Championship Performance car audio speakers are engineered by Polk Audio with ultra high-tech materials for competition-level performance and durability. They're styled exclusively by MOMO, the world's preeminent designer of racing accessories, to look as good as they sound. And for motor sports enthusiasts the world over, a MOMO product is a charismatic symbol of the finest quality.
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
MM2124 Technologies and Features:
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Ultra-stiff Metalized Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Cone for massive bass.
- Dish Cone design is supported by a Vented Cone Coupler, increasing axial rigidity "like Viagra for your subwoofer!"
- State-of-the-art laser-based Klippel measurement technology perfectly centers the subwoofer's voice coil in the magnetic field, improving X-max and BL linearity, and the sub's micro and macro dynamics, for deep, precise, stomach-shaking and spine-wrenching bass.
- Optimized for high performance in small sealed enclosures but versatile enough to pound hard even in bandpass and vented enclosuresÂ¾ Flat, deep bass with great extension as only Polk/MOMO can do it.
- Built tough and backed by one of the best warranty in the car audio world: Three years parts and labor.
- Triple vented for maximum airflow, high dissipation and high power handling: Vented Coil/Cone Coupler, Vented Spider Platform and Vented Pole Piece all allow cooling air to freely flow over the heat-generating components and better harness all the watts your amp can dish out.
- Durable, airtight Rubber Surround for a long life of extended linear motion, optimized to achieve the longest throw possible for the cone: "Big cone, big throw!"
- Huge, fire-retardant flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket with massive, rock-solid non-flexing magnet and motor assembly with removable Rubber Magnet Boot for more damping and deeper install flexibility (reduces product depth by 1/4-inch).
- Anti-Resonance Trim Gasket for tight fit with G Series Grilles, removable for over 1/4Â² of installation flexibility.
- Heat shrink rubber coated tinsel leads with strain relief terminal connections to take the punishment of long excursion bass.
- Professional Grade Nickel Plated Locking Push Terminals for secure connections; big holes accept nice fat wire, big as 12 gauge!
- Optional MOMO Design "Quasar II" rim-style Grille available separately at your authorized Polk Audio AutoSound dealer, or at shop.polkaudio.com.
|Type||Metalized (aluminum) Polypropylene Dynamic Balance cone|
|Total Frequency Response||23-200 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
|Magnet Weight||60.00 pounds|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||31 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||.37 in / 9.5 mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||.75 in / 19 mm|
|Recommended Enclosure||Sealed / Ported / Bandpass|
|SD||80.39 sq.in. / 518.6 sq.cm|
|VAS||2.25 cu.ft. / 63.71 L|
|Cut-Out Diameter||11" (27.94cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount without Cup||6 1/4" (15.88cm)|
|Top Mount||6 9/16" (16.67cm)|
|Bottom Mount||7" (17.78cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||19.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.