This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
15-inch Component Subwoofer
This is the MM2154 15" Subwoofer. Its ultra-stiff Dynamic Balance Cone womps out massive bass. Its Dish Cone design is mechanically supported by a unique Vented Cone Coupler. This support increases the sub's axial rigidity. (It's like steel girders for your subwoofer!) Even with huge max power ratings, these subs are optimized for smaller enclosures, so they fit where you want your bass.
MM2154 Technologies and Features:
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
What are Thiele/Small parameters?
Thiele/Small parameters are electro-mechanical measurements that are used to mathematically predict the low-end response of a woofer. They were first developed by Neville Thiele and Richard Small. Thiele/Smalls measure such things as the woofer's moving mass, magnet strength, resonant frequency and damping. These characteristics are used to predict the behavior of a given speaker in different loudspeaker cabinet designs. Computers have pretty much taken over the measurements, but we like to keep a hands-on knowledge of T/S parameters, so here are some of the Thiele/Small parameters explained:
- Ultra-stiff Metalized Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Cone for massive bass.
- Dish Cone design is supported by a Vented Cone Coupler, increasing axial rigidity "like Viagra for your subwoofer!"
- State-of-the-art laser-based Klippel measurement technology perfectly centers the subwoofer's voice coil in the magnetic field, improving X-max and BL linearity, and the sub's micro and macro dynamics, for deep, precise, stomach-shaking and spine-wrenching bass.
- Optimized for high performance in small sealed enclosures but versatile enough to pound hard even in bandpass and vented enclosuresÂ¾ Flat, deep bass with great extension as only Polk/MOMO can do it.
- Built tough and backed by one of the best warranty in the car audio world: Three years parts and labor.
- Triple vented for maximum airflow, high dissipation and high power handling: Vented Coil/Cone Coupler, Vented Spider Platform and Vented Pole Piece all allow cooling air to freely flow over the heat-generating components and better harness all the watts your amp can dish out.
- Durable, airtight Rubber Surround for a long life of extended linear motion, optimized to achieve the longest throw possible for the cone: "Big cone, big throw!"
- Huge, fire-retardant flat NOMEXÂ® Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket with massive, rock-solid non-flexing magnet and motor assembly with removable Rubber Magnet Boot for more damping and deeper install flexibility (reduces product depth by 1/4-inch).
- Anti-Resonance Trim Gasket for tight fit with G Series Grilles, removable for over 1/4Â² of installation flexibility.
- Heat shrink rubber coated tinsel leads with strain relief terminal connections to take the punishment of long excursion bass.
Professional Grade Nickel Plated Locking Push Terminals for secure connections; big holes accept nice fat wire, big as 12 gauge!
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Optional MOMO Design "Quasar II" rim-style Grille available separately at your authorized Polk Audio AutoSound dealer or direct from Polk.
- Fs - is the free air resonant frequency of a speaker.
- Qes â€“ "Q" is the mathematical ratio of the amplitude vs. the bandwidth of a resonance peak curve. This T/S is the measurement of the electrical "Q" of a speaker, having to do with electrical impedance.
- Qms - This is the measurement of the mechanical "Q" of a speaker, and has to do with cone motion.
- Cms - is the "compliance" (or "un-stiffness") of the mechanical system of a speaker; a measurement of how stiff (or "un-stiff") the spider and surround are together.
- Sd - is simply the surface area of the "transducer diaphragm" (or, "speaker cone" in non-engineer-speak).
- Xmax - is a calculation of the maximum displacement for the cone for undistorted operation.
- Re - is the DC electrical resistance of the voice coil. (Whew, that was easy!)
- Bl â€“ This is a measurement of the magnetic strength ("B") that a voice coil is exposed to, times the length ("l") of coil actually exposed to the magnetic field "in the gap" (the area in which the voice coil moves freely).
- Mms â€“ This T/S parameter is simply a measurement of the mass ("M") of the moving mechanical system ("ms") of a speaker, plus the air in front of it.
|Type||Metalized (aluminum) Polypropylene Dynamic Balance cone|
|Total Frequency Response||18Hz-150Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
|Magnet Weight||63.40 pounds|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||24 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||.37 in. / 9.5 mm|
|Xmax Mechanical||.79 in. / 20 mm|
|Recommended Enclosure||Sealed / Ported / Bandpass|
|SD||126.22 sq.in. / 814.3 sq.cm.|
|VAS||6.595 cu.ft/186.75 L|
|Cut-Out Diameter||13 7/8" (35.24cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||7 3/8" (18.73cm)|
|Bottom Mount||7 15/16" (20.16cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||22.50 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
12 reviews with an average of 4Write your own review
by bobby digital, September 5, 20030 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Good esthetics and quality design.
kinda shiny, if you like to bling thats cool, but the blacked out design might be nice. Human ears are not intended for this much bass, it is as ugly as it is beautiful
this speaker is kinda bangin, works good for open space like trucks suvs and station wagons. More power is better. If you find the perfect levels then the label becomes a perfect 3d cube with cut out letters.
by boominzx3, October 5, 20030 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
good quality sub puts out mean bass if u want ur car rockin id get this sub.
i have no bad comments on the sub
unbelievable the bass this subwoofer puts out id recommend a sealed enclosure for this sub. i would at least run a 800 watt amplifier to it also.
by beast, August 20, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
everything including the design
your ***** sub sucks im serious i was so dissapointed in the bass response and reflex . such a dissapointment for such a good company.
We had to edit out the obscenity. There are a lot of reasons why you may not be getting the performance you are looking for. Please call our customer service folks (Kim is the best on 12V issues) to see if they can help. Call toll free 800-377-7655.
by David Contreras, October 21, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great SQ and SPL with only 400 RMS.
Great high-end sub at an ultra low price. I have one of these subs in a small ported enclosure (33hz) and I can't believe how tight the bass is. I prefer SQ over SPL and normally prefer large sealed enclosures but this sub delivers tight accurate bass in a vented box and can drop extremely low too. If your thinking of buying a Diamond, MB Quart or JL then I would recommend you try this sub first and save huge. The sound quality is as good or better than those mentioned. Best sub I've owned soo far and I've owned a set of Referece Series MB Quarts (they're awsome too by the way but expensive).
by butch, November 8, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
bass,bass,bass,bass,bass. itz all gud...hehehe
da bass response so well nd boming 2 our chest... polkmomo is da best solobarick aint got nothing......... more power 2 u guyz... by da way i buy da sub hir in l.a den i bring it 2 da phillilpines pipol loved it,they did not know momo built subs like dis.... i want 2 go polkmomo all da way....even da headunit... wer can i find it?
by jose aaron, February 7, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
no aparecen si son doble bovina o una sola,si es de una de cuantos homs es,o si es doble, 2o4homs,para saber con que amplificador trabajarlos,ya sea que tengo amplificador C300.2 polkmomo y tambien saber en que caja trabajan mejor,sellada o ventilada.
by jose aaron, February 7, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
muy buena fidelidad
no tengo nada que decir
no aparecen los watts rams y tampoco si son doble bovina o una sola,si es de una de cuantos homs es,o si es doble, son de 2o4homs,para saber con que amplificador trabajarlos,ya sea que tengo amplificador C300.2 polkmomo y tambien saber en que caja trabajan mejor,sellada o ventilada.
by Jorge L, March 23, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
very deep bass... this subwoofer seems to me is a little under rated as far as rms power as i am putting approx 850-900watts rms via An Infinity 1210a monoblock amplifier... crisp clean and hard hitting would definitely recommend....
metalic cone not quite as "warm" as a paper composite cone would be but i think its worth it due to the nice stylying effects of the subwoofer...
great sound after the initial week long break in period... putting about 850 watts with an infinity monoblock amplifier and the sub takes it all without breaking a sweat... even for the strictest ears(mine) great buy for the price... i would have paid a couple hundered more for a sub that sounds this good
by Ryan, July 1, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
It hits like no other sub and makes all other subs look and sound like steeming piles of crap
It can only be described as the perfect subwoofer, it brings tears to my eyes its so beautiful
by Steve Gray, November 10, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Deep Lows make my ears hurt...but in a good way :)
Doesn't have the tight bass response you'd get from a 10" or a 12", but hey, it's a 15" and you get way more deep bass.
This is the best sub you can get for how little you pay. I have a 10" Eclipse titanium in my Talon, and I thought that was loud. Now I have this bad boy in my Explorer, and it has been shaking molding loose since I bought it. GREAT PRODUCT FROM A GREAT BRAND! MOMO RULES!
by mirra540ryder, September 14, 20060 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
loud great sub. recomend it!!!!!!!!!1
its good so far havnt had it for 24 hours but its awsome so far, it did however make a weird nose when i had it turnd up kinda like a gargle but idk :(
this sub is amazing for the price. well first off i just got this sub today and my seald box made for it is still airing out. and my amp not here so i took one of my home stereo speakers out wich is a 15 as well with 2 tweetres and 2 mid's in it i put the sub in and it was smaller so i only could put 4 screws in and there was a gap on the other side and it still pounded. it hit so hard it would blow the speaker box back about 3-4 inches every time the bass hit
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.