This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
5.25 inch coaxial loudspeaker with external crossover
Polk/MOMO Championship Performance car audio speakers are engineered by Polk Audio with ultra high-tech materials for competition-level performance and durability. They're styled exclusively by MOMO, the world's preeminent designer of racing accessories, to look as good as they sound. And for motor sports enthusiasts the world over, a MOMO product is a charismatic symbol of the finest quality.
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
MMC525 Technology & Features
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Woven Dynamic Balance Carbon Fiber Cone provides the ideal balance of stiffness and low mass for the clearest, most detailed midrange performance, and lowest distortion, of any speaker in its class.
- 25mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- 15Âº Swivel Tweeter Housing delivers direct, detailed imaging; instantly adjustable through the grille.
- Channel vented, acoustically inert rustproof Cast Aluminum Basket for superior stiffness and better heat dissipation.
- By-passable, vented Outboard 2nd Order x2 (High and Low) Crossover with big, beefy components for better dynamic impact and transparency. Vented Crossover Housing has multiple mounting options (screw or "zip" tie) for the ultimate system installation choices. Mating "fastons" for hassle free connections.
- Muscular ABS Grilles based on exclusive MOMO rim designs.
- Airtight Rubber Surround stands up to moisture, sunlight and extreme temperatures while allowing long excursion linear motion and years of reliable use.
- Strong, fire-retardant flat NOMEXÂ® Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Laser-based, Klippel-optimized, channel vented 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil and Former for high heat dissipation (Kapton's melting temperature is 725Â°F/400Â°C!) and extreme power handling.
- Waterproof, anti-resonance PVC Magnet Boot, removable for more install flexibility.
- Dual Nickel Plated Polarized Terminals for component-like connections. Truly "bi-ampable"! (all models except MMC460)
- Built tough and backed by a three-year parts & labor warranty, one of the best warranties in the car audio world.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composit dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Woven Carbon Fiber with rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||53Hz-25KHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Cut-Out Diameter||4 5/8" (11.75cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount without Cup||2 5/16" (5.87cm)|
|Bottom Mount without Cup||2 1/2" (6.35cm)|
|Top Mount||2 5/8" (6.67cm)|
|Bottom Mount||2 3/4" (6.99cm)|
|Tweeter Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount Height||1/2" (1.27cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
12 reviews with an average of 4.5Write your own review
by Jared, April 6, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great sound, nice look.
none i can think of.
These slam! I combined them with a pair of jl audio components in the front. Loud as he**! I would recommend to all. Great High,s even good mid bass.
by Mike, June 1, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great details, awesome high and low reponse for a coaxial, and ear-splitting output!
None that I can really tell.
These speakers are awesome, especially for coaxials! I previously had a Jeep Grand Cherokee with Alpine Type-R 6.5" components in them and thought that they were ok. I traded that in and bought a Subaru Impreza STi and knew none of them would really fit in the new car. After seeing the Polk/MOMO installs in the WRX's I knew I had to try them, especially with the setup of the speakers in the rear deck. I decided to go to a local Circuit City to check them out, ended up being very impressed with them, and bought the MMC525 5.25" to start off with in the rear deck (have a cheesy set of speakers in the front to hold over originally). They sound great, and totally blow the Type-R's out of the water (and being powered by the same amp, a JBL Power 300.4). I'm definitely going for an extra two sets of the MMC650's to put in my front doors like the Polk/MOMO factory install in their WRX.
by Jstas, October 1, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
External Crossover!!!! 1" silk/polymer directionally adjustable tweeters! Incredibly full sound for the often underwhelming 5.25 inch speaker size! Coaxial design gives small packaging but external crossover gives component level performance! Perfect for limited space installs!
Large magnet can make shallow installs an issue. Markings on crossover can be difficult to read. Plastic grilles are bright and stand out in a stealth install.
Incedible coaxials! The compact, space saving design of a coax but the performance and sound of a component! They dig deep into the 50 Hz range which is impressive for a smallish woofer in a 5.25 inch speaker. They take a good amount of power and even though there is no dustcap to strengthen the cone, cone breakup is minimal and only occurs at high volume. They are gaudy in dark colored interiors but the design is attractive. the cones have beefy surrounds and excursion seems high so they will play loud. All that is GREAT stuff but the real beauty is that the tweeters have seperate binding posts from the woofers! That means BI-AMPABLE! The speakers are incredibly flexible and will handle almost any amp on the market! Sound quality is amazing and the frequency range is very wide for a speaker of this size. The dynamic range of the speaker is also fairly expansive for its size. It is, hands down, the best 5.25 inch coaxial out there in my opinion. It is so good, I'd rate it above alot of component sets out there too! This is an excellent buy and at $180 retail, you're robbing Polk! Easily worth $100 more and competes with speakers costing twice as much!
by chase, January 12, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great highs, looks as good as it sounds.
Big magnet! does not fit in tight places.
Great speakers they go good with my polk MOMO set up. They sound great with my MTX amp!
by Eddy, March 24, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Looks, Sound, Price!!
Perfect speakers! Great overall sound!! And they go LOUD!!!
by Travis, August 18, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
The small size makes them very versatile. They easily fit into small enclosures.
Uhh.. I'll get back to you on that one lol
These things are great. They are a great addition to my setup.
by Jeffery E Boldman, August 29, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
made in china
by wrenchman, September 9, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great to have component quality that can be used as rear fill.In a coax package
Now I have to buy matching fronts!
I bought these to match my old Polk DX component up front. They do not. They are better? Tighter base ,of course they are 5.25". Clearer mids and cleaner highs. Seem to be more efficiant. Seem to have very accurate reproduction.
by Donnie, October 22, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great looking speaker, they seem very well made.
Magnets are too big to fit in a lot of vehicles, including my 2001 Nissan Frontier and finding ACCURATE online data on what these will fit in is hard to come by.
I bought these speakers after reading some glowing reviews in here. Unfortunately the magnets are so big that they will not fit in where my factory 5.25's currently reside without some serious modifications. I'm going to have to go with another brand because of this.
by Shane, April 26, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great sonic accuracy. Rotating tweeter is fantastic vocals sound great.
I dont have two pair!
Best speaker for the money bar none I have heard.
by peter, November 29, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
dont go very loud without distortion
uhhh sounds good at lower volumes, but when i turn it up to like 80% it they get distorted. they are rated at 70 watts rms and my amp doesnt even put out 50 MAX. why are they distorted if they arent even maxin out their power.
by Joe Bruno The Automated Home Inc., August 30, 20080 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Clear crisp highs and mids
Still thinking !!!!
The speakers are Great. I do custom installs on HArley Davidson Motorcycles and these fit beautifully in the Fairings with the Crossoversmounted directly to the radio chasis.The sound is crisp and clear especially when you can hear the music above the loud pipes. Works great with stock radios. I use my own Harley as a demo at car shows and have at least 3 pair spair in my tour pak for the quick sales. Keep up the great work
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.