This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
5-1/4 inch component mobile audio loudspeaker system
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
Now you can get the championship performance of Polk/MOMO components in the convenient 5-1/4" size--perfect for kick panels, compact car doors and other tight spaces.
MMC5250 Technology & Features
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Woven Dynamic Balance Carbon Fiber Cone provides the ideal balance of stiffness and low mass for the clearest, most detailed midrange performance, and lowest distortion, of any speaker in its class.
- 25mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- 15Âº Swivel Tweeter Housings delivers direct, detailed imaging.
- Surface and flush mount tweeter housings supplied
- Channel vented, acoustically inert rustproof Cast Aluminum Basket for superior stiffness and better heat dissipation.
- Outboard 2nd Order Crossover with Mylar Capacitor/Air-Core Inductor components for better dynamic impact and transparency. Vented Crossover Housing has multiple mounting options (screw or "zip" tie) for the ultimate system installation choices. Mating "fastons" for hassle free connections.
- Muscular ABS Grilles based on exclusive MOMO rim designs.
- Airtight Rubber Surround stands up to moisture, sunlight and extreme temperatures while allowing long excursion linear motion and years of reliable use.
- Strong, fire-retardant flat NOMEXÂ® Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Laser-based, Klippel-optimized, channel vented 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil and Former for high heat dissipation (Kapton's melting temperature is 725Â°F/400Â°C!) and extreme power handling.
- Waterproof, anti-resonance PVC Magnet Boot, removable for more install flexibility.
- Dual Nickel Plated Polarized Terminals for component-like connections. Truly "bi-ampable"!
- Built tough and backed by a three-year parts & labor warranty, one of the best warranties in the car audio world.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Woven Carbon Fiber|
|Total Frequency Response||53Hz - 25kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||1" (2.54cm)|
|Tweeter Diameter||1" (2.54cm)|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||107 Hz|
|SD||85 sq. cm|
|Height||1 1/2" (3.81cm)|
|Length||5 5/8" (14.29cm)|
|Diameter||5 15/16" (15.08cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount without Cup||2 5/16" (5.87cm)|
|Bottom Mount without Cup||2 1/2" (6.35cm)|
|Top Mount||2 5/8" (6.67cm)|
|Bottom Mount||2 3/4" (6.99cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
9 reviews with an average of 4Write your own review
by Brian, August 25, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Broad range of sound.
NO DIRECTIONS FOR INSTALLATION! Not for beginners (like me)
I bought a set of Polks for my Dodge Truck and they blew me away!! I dont even have an amp and with a small head unit I can barely listen to them at full blast. I am a fan of Punk and Heavy Metal and these offer a full range of sound. They seem very versatile. I can turn them on with some mean death metal and then turn around to some speed pun and they perform masterfully!!!!!
by Jake, December 5, 20040 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Clean highs and mids, look great, top of the line sound, adjustable tweeter settings on crossovers.
None at all
I've got a pair of these in my car with an MTX 404 on them and with company from 2 of polks 2124 12" subs i would have to say that my system rocks. Hard bass, clean highs and clean mids make for the best sounding stereo I've ever herd. You guys at polk are the stuff.
by Timothy Fox, May 27, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Excellent high-end quality sound. No distortion
Very pricey, but worth it.
After having these for a couple of months, I am a very satisfied customer. I've used other speakers in the past, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc and I must say even though these are way more expensive they are worth the extra dough. I can turn these up full blast paired with a JL Audio 300/4 amp and they don't even distort. I listen to all kinds of music and when I play rock I hear instruments I didn't even know exsisted. They are installed in a 2004 Ranger Supercab on the doors, and in the back I have a pair of 5x7 polk momo's too. They rock.
by Ken, September 13, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Clarity, Volume, Power
I put these speakers in my 2000 Ford Mustang GT Conv. and all I can say is WOW. I was on the highway with the top down goin 75 and I passed a big bus and I couldn't hear the bus at all with my windows down. That's how loud these speakers can go and still be perfectly clean if you give them the right amount of power. They also allow you to not only hear the highs and mids but really feel them like a good subwoofer does with bass.
by Kaleb, November 23, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
these are good sounding speakers. Would recomend
by Brad, December 2, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
very loud if crossed over as tweeters.otherwise don't waste your cheddar.
no true mid sound.
I bought these 5 1/4" components thinking I did not need full range sound because I would also be using a 10" sub.I was wrong. Hooked up to a rockford p5002 amp I blew 2 out of 4 speakers within a week.I then bought 2 pair of rockford 6x8s, no problems and great sound.These MMC5250's are no more than 5.25" tweeters as far as I'm concerned.600.00 bucks down the tubes!
by Mike, January 11, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Great highs, look great!
Don't expect ANY base. These are for use with a full system complete with subs.
Great speaker ran a set of these in my 2000 Dodge ram 1500 and LOVED them. Nice clean highs and mids without distortion, and I was only running off the head unit!
by Jim, March 25, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Loud, Loud, Loud
No bass, expensive.
A very solid speaker to add to a setup. I put these as my fifth and sixth speakers and it just adds just that little bit extra.
by Jared, January 26, 20100 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
no bass and lasted just out of there warranty.
Good speaker I guess, I agree with everyone else these do not have any bass. I am kind of bummed this speaker barley lasted its warranty before blowing. This will be the last Polk audio speaker I own, I have had 3 sets of different ones and all have blown. I have JL Audio's in my truck same power to them better sound and they are still going strong.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.