This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
When you consider your car an extension of your personality, Polk Audio/MOMO High Performance Car Audio is the perfect synthesis of technology and design.
MMC6500 Technology & Features
- Marine Certified Polk/MOMO speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk/MOMO speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats. Professional wakeboarder Brian Francis choose Polk/MOMO speakers woofers and amps for his MasterCraft boat and Chevy Avalanche truck for maximum entertainment and excitement on the road and wave.
- Woven Dynamic Balance Carbon Fiber Cone provides the ideal balance of stiffness and low mass for the clearest, most detailed midrange performance, and lowest distortion, of any speaker in its class.
- 25mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- 15Âº Swivel Tweeter Housings delivers direct, detailed imaging.
- Surface and flush mount tweeter housings supplied
- Channel vented, acoustically inert rustproof Cast Aluminum Basket for superior stiffness and better heat dissipation.
- Outboard 2nd Order Crossover with Mylar Capacitor/Air-Core Inductor components for better dynamic impact and transparency. Vented Crossover Housing has multiple mounting options (screw or "zip" tie) for the ultimate system installation choices. Mating "fastons" for hassle free connections.
- Muscular ABS Grilles based on exclusive MOMO rim designs.
- Airtight Rubber Surround stands up to moisture, sunlight and extreme temperatures while allowing long excursion linear motion and years of reliable use.
- Strong, fire-retardant flat NOMEXÂ® Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Laser-based, Klippel-optimized, channel vented 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil and Former for high heat dissipation (Kapton's melting temperature is 725Â°F/400Â°C!) and extreme power handling.
- Waterproof, anti-resonance PVC Magnet Boot, removable for more install flexibility.
- Dual Nickel Plated Polarized Terminals for component-like connections. Truly "bi-ampable"!
- Built tough and backed by a three-year parts & labor warranty, one of the best warranties in the car audio world.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Woven Carbon Fiber|
|Total Frequency Response||43Hz - 25kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||1" (2.54cm)|
|Tweeter Diameter||1" (2.54cm)|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||86 Hz|
|SD||116.9 sq. cm|
|Cut-Out Diameter||5 1/16" (12.86cm)|
|Height||1 1/2" (3.81cm)|
|Length||3 5/8" (9.21cm)|
|Diameter||6 5/8" (16.83cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount without Cup||2 7/16" (6.19cm)|
|Bottom Mount without Cup||2 9/16" (6.51cm)|
|Top Mount||2 11/16" (6.83cm)|
|Bottom Mount||2 13/16" (7.14cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.