This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Two-way bookshelf loudspeaker
Incredible Sound / Affordable Price
The name "Monitor" is special to Polk Audio. The original Polk Audio Monitor Series, produced in the mid-1970s, ushered in the modern loudspeaker era by setting the standard for performance and value. The original Monitor Series is the line that made Polk Audio famous with its simple, sturdy construction, clear, accurate sound, powerful bass and superior imagingall at a price that made great sound available to everyone.
The newly reborn Monitor Series is classic Polk: a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. They are highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they are voice matched for lifelike surround sound environments. The Monitor Series boasts a stylish look that complements today's flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes and modern Titanium faces. Built for speed, sound quality and value, the Monitor Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.
The Monitor 30 features:
- High efficiency design allows the Monitor Series to reveal the classic Polk Audio sound (open, spacious and clear) even when driven by modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers.
- 1-inch (25mm) Fabric/Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Dome Tweeter with powerful Neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- 5 1/4-inch Bi-Laminate Composite Dynamic Balance Driver is lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and midrange clarity with lower distortion.
- Small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, "box-less" three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with ¾"-thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality.
- Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.
- Dual Five-Way Binding Post Connectors, allowing for more secure hook-up options, as well as bi-wiring and bi-amping flexibility.
- Monitor Series speakers are "modern living accessories" that make a stylish statement in either Black or Cherry wood grain finish, with Titanium faces.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement on or near TVs and video monitors with no risk of video distortion.
- Built-in keyhole wall mounting brackets for strong, secure on-wall mounting with no added brackets to buy.
- Critically Tuned Flared Port minimizes port noise ("chuffing") for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
|Type||Dynamic Balance Silk/polymer composite dome, magnetically shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance Bi-laminate composite cone driver, magnetically shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||55Hz - 25kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||24 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||63 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 -100 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-amp) 5 way binding posts|
|Depth||8 3/8" (21.27cm)|
|Mounting Options||on-wall with built-in key hole slot|
|Product Weight (each)||9.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||pair|
|Total Shipping Weight||22.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
CNet.com, December 8, 2004
"Polk's build-quality standards outpace the competition's...cabinet construction is rock solid, and the internal crossover uses high-quality parts...Ably assisted by the PSW10, the [Monitor]30 sounds like a much larger speaker...The speakers' dynamic impact and power are state of the art for a system in this price class...Clearly, the spiffy new Monitor ensemble is a worthy successor to the original models."
[ Open Review ]
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Monitor 30 Media
Monitor 30 Literature
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.