This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
f you don't want bass that's going to send the neighbors screaming for cover; don't want to shake your home theater to the foundation with each explosive effect; and don't want bass that puts the band right in your living room, then you definitely don't want the gargantuan PSW1200 Powered Subwoofer, 'cause it's the biggest, baddest bass you've ever seen or heard.
Hey, it's big. What else can we say? LOTS!
The PSW1200 is big -- with two huge 12" drivers and a commanding 350 watt power amplifier, it stands over 26" tall (and that's taller than some people!) -- but it's also responsive (unlike some people).
With enough hook-up options to fill a chart, every conceivable input and output, adjustable phase alignment control, and variable high- and low-pass crossovers, the PSW1200 gives you unprecedented control over your bass. Match it to your room, your program material, or to your taste.
The PSW1200 packs up more of the extreme rumble you expect from home theater, combines it with even more of Polk's famous ability to convey incredible musicality and depth, and ships it Special Bass Delivery straight to the reptilian bass sensors in your spine.
- Two 12 inch direct radiating, smooth-response subwoofer drivers for the very biggest, deepest bass, period.
- The mother of all Power Port bass ports for high acoustic efficiency with low distortion.
- High-current 350 watt RMS power amplifier.
- 7 low-level input channels -- left front, right front, center, subwoofer, LFE, left and right rear. You can connect every channel output you've got to the subwoofer! Never again question whether or not all the bass in your recording is getting to your sub.
- Front panel volume control.
- Variable low-pass crossover and variable phase controls allow you to optimize the performance of the PSW1200 to match your audio system, room acoustics, and program material.
- Auto "movie detect" and bass boost: when the center channel input senses a signal, it automatically boosts the overall subwoofer level by 3dB.
- Auto on/off circuit that automatically turns your subwoofer on when it senses a program signal. When no signal is present, the amplifier turns off within 15 minutes.
- Unfiltered LFE input for use with low pass filtered subwoofer output jacks
- Speaker and line level inputs and outputs.
- Switchable high-pass filters. (When passed through the PSW1200, main channel signals may be high pass filtered at either 40Hz or 80Hz from both line and speaker level outputs.)
2 - 12" (30.5cm) drivers
26Â½" H x 18 Â¾" W x 23 Â¾" D
67.3cm H x 47.6cm W x 60.3cm D
Overall Frequency Response
20Hz - 140Hz
-3dB Frequency Response Limits
22Hz - 125Hz
Lowpass Crossover Frequency
adjustable 40Hz - 120Hz
variable 0Âº - 180Âº
speaker, line (filtered),
speaker and line level
Subwoofer Amplifier Power
350 watts, dynamic
225 watts, continuious
High Pass Filters
Line Level Outputs: Switchable 40Hz or 80Hz, 12dB/octave
Speaker Outputs: Switchable Flat, 40Hz or 80Hz @ 4 ohms, 6dB/octave
direct radiating, vented
|Type||Dynamic Balance long-throw drivers with Polymer Composite cones|
|Total Frequency Response||20Hz - 140Hz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||22Hz - 125Hz kHz|
|Bandwidth||30 - 120Hz|
|Continuous Average Output|
|Height||26 1/2" (67.31cm)|
|Width||18 3/4" (47.62cm)|
|Depth||23 3/4" (60.33cm)|
|Subwoofer Enclosure Type||Vented via slot loaded Power Port|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||110.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.