This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Two-way floor-standing loudspeaker
There are no downloads available. If you need assistance, please contact us.
Incredible Sound/Affordable Price
Building incredible-sounding speakers at reasonable prices has made Polk Audio a powerhouse in the audio industry. The R Series Loudspeaker models continue the Polk tradition of using high quality materials and excellent fundamental engineering to deliver exceptional sound at an exceptional value.
R Series Loudspeakers are perfect for building starter systems, or for small room or multi-room applications. With the addition of a PSW Series powered subwoofer, you can assemble an impressive home theater system on a budget.
The R30 Features:
With a minimum of fuss and expense, R Series speakers ably reproduce accurate sound with impressive volume, in attractive, solidly built cabinets finished in basic black.
- Superior home theater and music performance.
- Slim tower design conserves floor space, occupies less than one square foot.
- Polk Audio's exclusive Dynamic Balance drivers and tweeters for wide response and low distortion.
- Wide dispersion drivers and tweeters project sound over a wide area so every listener in a room hears open, box-less three-dimensional sound.
- Front-firing bass port for high efficiency and powerful bass response.
- Arched grille design elinminates grille interference with the port output, lowering turbulence and distortion (and it looks real cool too!).
- Carpet spikes ensure mechanical stability on carpeted floors for precise bass response and superior imaging.
- High efficiency design allows them to be driven by unpretentious amplifiers and receivers, revealing that classic Polk sound...open, spacious and clear.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near TVs and computer monitors.
- 5-way binding posts provide a wide array of secure wire-hook up options.
|Type||Dynamic Balance silk/polymer composite dome, shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance Polymer composite cone, shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||45Hz - 24kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||20 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 150 watts per channel|
|Inputs||5-way binding posts|
|Height||33 3/4" (85.72cm)|
|Width||7 3/4" (19.68cm)|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||32.00 pounds|
|Included Accessories||Carpet spikes|
|Speaker Warranty||Five years parts and labor, limited|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.