This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Satellite speaker for front or surround use in RM Series systems
Big Speaker Sound...Without the Big Speaker
The RM101 satellite is packaged and sold singly and intended for front or surround channel use in RM Series systems. Its stylishly sculpted anodized Aluminum enclosure looks awesome next to your plasma or flat screen television, and can be mounted either on the wall using the supplied aimable brackets or on shelves.
High tech materials and features, such as Power Port Venting ensure superior performance, delivering rich, full-bodied, big speaker sound from a stylish, compact package.
The RM101 features:
- Stylishly curved satellite enclosures formed of heavy duty, non-resonant Aluminum; the shape breaks up internal standing wave resonance for pure, lifelike sound.
- Packaged singly to accommodate 6.1 or 7.1 channel systems.
- Power Port Bass Vent hidden under the grille extends and strengthens lower-midrange performance for a seamless blend with the subwoofer output.
- Bolt-On Swivel Wall-Mounting Brackets with hidden wire channels
- Threaded inserts on the back of the satellite allows use of fully articulating brackets (sold separately).
- 3-1/4 inch (8.25cm) Mineral Filled Polymer Dynamic Balance midrange driver for clear, distortion-free midrange.
- High performance 3/4 inch (19mm) Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter for sweet highs and more lifelike imaging.
- Connect your RM Series Satellites securely and conveniently with their high quality 5-way binding post inputs.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near your state-of-the-art TV or video monitor with no risk of video distortion.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Diameter||3 1/2" (8.89cm)|
|Type||Polymer composite cone|
|Total Frequency Response||95 Hz - 24 KHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||20 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||130 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10 - 125 watts per channel|
|Inputs||5 way Binding Posts|
|Height||7 1/16" (17.94cm)|
|Width||4 3/8" (11.11cm)|
|Depth||5 1/16" (12.86cm)|
|Mounting Options||keyhole slot plus threaded insert for optional articulating bracket|
|Product Weight (each)||3.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||4.00 pounds|
|Included Accessories||fixed wall bracket|
|Recommended Accessories||swivel wall bracket|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.