This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Slim floor-standing tower speaker
Big Speaker Sound...Without the Big Speaker
Beauty and Brawn Come Together
The RM40 is the perfect complement to today's stylish video displays and home theater systems. Its sculpted Pewter-finish Aluminum enclosures look awesome flanking your plasma or flat screen television. High tech materials and features, such as patented Power Port bass venting technology and Dynamic Balance composite structure drivers ensure superior performance, delivering rich, full-bodied, big speaker sound from beautiful, compact packages.
Match the RM40 towers with RM Series centers and surround speakers with a Polk powered subwoofer to custom construct the home theater speaker system of your dreams. (See system suggestions at bottom of this page)
The RM40 features:
- Stylishly curved enclosures formed of heavy duty, non-resonant Aluminum; the shape breaks up internal standing wave resonance for pure, lifelike sound.
- The towers feature Power Port Bass Vents hidden under the grilles to extend and strengthen their lower-midrange performance for a seamless blend with the subwoofer output. Unlike competing slim tower systems, with the RM40 you'll experience full, rich, natural voices and other midrange sounds.
Dual 4-1/2 inch (11.4 cm) Mineral Filled Polymer Dynamic Balance midrange drivers for clear, distortion-free midrange even at high volume levels.
- Broad dispersion design allows everyone in the listening area to hear clear, well-balanced sound.
- 1 inch (25mm) Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter for sweet highs and more lifelike imaging.
- Connect your RM40 towers securely and conveniently with their high quality 5-way binding post inputs.
- RM40 towers are magnetically shielded for safe placement near your state-of-the-art TV or video monitor with no risk of video distortion.
Available RM Series Satellites and Centers for 6.1 & 7.1 Systems
Small single driver surrounds - RM101
Larger dual driver surrounds - RM201
Largest on-wall surrounds - RM30
Floorstanding surrounds - RM40T
Small center - RM202
Largest center - RM302
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||4 1/2" (11.43cm)|
|Type||Polymer composite cone - shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||55 - 26kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||25 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||75 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 175 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual 5-way binding posts|
|Height||36 1/2" (92.71cm)|
|Width||5 4/5" (14.73cm)|
|Depth||6 5/8" (16.83cm)|
|Width||8 1/4" (20.96cm)|
|Depth||10 1/2" (26.67cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||19.60 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||23.80 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.