This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Standalone Home Speakers
Really Big Speaker Sound. . .Without the Big Speaker
Towers of Power
If you want a speaker that makes a big, lasting impression without calling undue attention to itself, look no further. Because the RM8000T/50T deliver big time. A pair will beautifully complement today's state-of-the-art televisions and audio/visual electronics as they create stunning high-performance sound.
High tech materials and features, such as patented PowerPortÂ® Bass Venting Technology and Dynamic Balance Compositie Drivers ensure superior performance, delivering rich, full-bodied, big speaker sound from a stylish and compact design.
- Four 4 1/2-inch (11.4cm) Mineral Filled Polymer Dynamic Balance Composite Drivers deliver a wider distortion-free mid-range, even at high volume levels.
- Broad dispersion design allows everyone in the listening area to hear clear, well-balanced sound.
- Patented Power Port Bass Venting Technology strengthens the lower mid-range performance for a seamless blend with the subwoofer output.
- 1-inch (25mm) Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter with neodymium magnet produces clear, detailed highs and more life-life imaging.
- Curved cabinet shape and internal angled partitions break up standing waves for superior mid-range clarity. Hear all the music as it was intended to be heard, clearly.
- Anti-diffraction Grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Mylar capacitors in the crossovers extend high-frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Dual, Bi-ampable 5-way Binding Post inputs for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring options.
- Magnetic shielding allows safe placement near your state-of-the-art TV or video monitor with no risk of video distortion.
- Accessory spike kit allows speakers to be tilted back for optimal acoustic imaging.
Polk does 6.1 and 7.1!
Building an EX or ES surround sound system for 6.1 or 7.1 (or more) speakers? You can get RM Series Center Channel and Surround speakers individually to fill out the speaker requirements of more-than-5.1 multi-channel systems. Ask your Polk retailer to special order them for you or call Polk Customer Service 800-377-7655.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||4 1/2" (11.43cm)|
|Type||Mineral filled polymer with Butyl rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||42 Hz - 26 KHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||25 KHz kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 225 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual 5 way binding posts|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||42.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.