This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Compact 5 channel home theater loudspeaker system featuring five palm-sized full range speakers and a specially matched powered subwoofer.
Big Speaker Sound... Without the Big Speaker
The exciting RM6500 home theater speaker system delivers the level of performance demanded by audio enthusiasts... in a package that's easily integrated into any room. This tiny package sacrifices nothing to bring surprisingly B-I-G movie theater sound to your home theater.
The RM6500 features:
- Perfectly matched front, center and surround satellites guarantee seamless, lifelike surround sound imaging. Perfect for today's state of the art Dolby Digital (AC-3) systems.
- All new design: soft lines and sculptured shapes to blend unobtrusively into any decor.
- The palm-sized satellite cabinets are constructed of a space-age polymer aggregate material that has the look, feel and acoustic properties of stone.
- The satellites and center channel speakers feature Polk's anti-diffraction system of raised driver components to minimize grill edge diffraction for spacious imaging and excellent off-axis performance in your home theater.
- Innovative wall mounting hardware supplied for all 4 satellite speakers.
- All satellites (including center) are magnetically shielded for safe placement next to your TV.
- The all new 100-watt powered subwoofer -- featuring Polk's patented Power Port venting -- is designed specifically for the RM6500. It packs big bass into a footprint that's less than one square foot!
|Diameter||3 1/4" (8.26cm)|
|Diameter||3 1/4" (8.26cm)|
|Type||polymer cone with rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||25Hz - 24kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||38 Hz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||24 kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 125 watts per channel|
|Height||6 3/4" (17.14cm)|
|Height||4 1/2" (11.43cm)|
|Width||11 1/2" (29.21cm)|
|Depth||5 3/4" (14.61cm)|
|Enclosure Type||bass reflex|
|Depth||13 1/2" (34.29cm)|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited, 5 years parts and labor|
|Subwoofer Amplifier Warranty||Limited, 2 years parts and labor|
Subwoofer Amplifier Specs
|Continuous Average Output|
|Dynamic Power Output||100 watts|
|Power Requirements (voltage)||110|
Power Amplifier Specs
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
Audio Revolution.com, 1999
"If you are looking at entering the home theater sound market, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better system than the RM6500 â€“ at $1,099.00, the performance price ratio is hard to beat. But look, and listen around â€“ do your research and read the specifications carefully before investing. My feeling is that you'll come to the same conclusion that I did â€“ as a long-term investment, the Polk RM6500 Series is a keeper."
[ Open Review ]
Consumer Guide, 1999
"The RM6500 is a very effective performer and reflects the company's rethinking of a classic product."
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.