This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Center Channel speaker for RM Series speaker systems
Big Speaker Sound... Without the Big Speaker
The RM6902 Center Speaker is intended for use with RM Series systems such 6800, 6900, 7300 and 7400. Its stylishly sculpted anodized Aluminum enclosure looks awesome next to your plasma or flat screen television, and can be mounted either on the wall using its aimable bracket or on or below your TV using its aimable cradle. Either way, this center speaker was designed for maximum clarity and low distortion.
High tech materials and features, such as PowerPortÂ® Venting and Dynamic Balance technologies, ensure superior performance, delivering rich, full-bodied, big speaker sound from a stylish, compact package.
The RM6902 features:
- Stylishly curved satellite enclosure formed of heavy duty, non-resonant Aluminum; the shape breaks up internal standing wave resonance for pure, lifelike sound.
- Power Port Vent hidden under the grille extends and strengthens lower-midrange performance for full, rich, natural voices and other midrange sounds.
- Exclusive Center Channel Cradle that aims the speaker toward the listener, from above or below the TV.
- Swivel Wall-Mounting Bracket with hidden wire channels
- Threaded inserts on the back enclosure allow use of fully articulating brackets (sold separately).
- Two 3-1/4 inch (8.25cm) Mineral Filled Polymer Dynamic Balance midrange drivers for clear, distortion-free midrange.
- Broad dispersion design allows everyone in the listening area to hear clear, well-balanced sound.
- 3/4 inch (19mm) Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter for sweet highs and more lifelike imaging.
- Connect your RM Series center securely and conveniently with its high quality 5-way binding post inputs.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near your state-of-the-art TV or video monitor with no risk of video distortion.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Diameter||3 1/2" (8.89cm)|
|Type||Polymer composite cone|
|Total Frequency Response||95 Hz - 24 KHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||20 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||100 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10 - 150 watts per channel|
|Height||4 1/2" (11.43cm)|
|Width||12 1/2" (31.75cm)|
|Depth||5 1/16" (12.86cm)|
|Mounting Options||keyhole slots plus threaded inserts for optional articulating bracket|
|Product Weight (each)||5.20 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Included Accessories||Surface mount cradle, wall mount bracket|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
3 reviews with an average of 5Write your own review
by Steven Rosenfeld, September 25, 20050 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
This speakers probvides clear sound and voice.I like the clean sleek look ans shape.
To this point and i've owned this speaker for months i find no fault
Appearance , sound quality are just what i wanted, excellet.This is one of my best purchases,sit back and enjoy your new speaker.
by Benjamin Sodos, March 22, 20070 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Sound Quality, Power Handling
None I could find. Everything i expected from the Polk brand.
I bought this speaker last night after reviewing and testing out the Bose, JBL, and Infiniti equivalents, along with some no name brands. This is by far the best for the money and size. Which BTW the size is Amazing for how clean and efficient this center channel is. POLK from the bottom of my heart GOODJOB!
by Benedict J Harrisson, June 5, 20080 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Everything needed for a "compact" center channel !!!!
Difficult to find the "original" wall mounts for it !?!
Awesome sound quality & Speaker design !!!!
If you're referring to the wall brackets that came with the speakers, you can get those through our customer service department. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-377-7655 during east coast business hours.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.