This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Two-way bookshelf loudspeaker
If you always thought bookshelf speakers were too lightweight and boxy sounding, one listen to the RT55 will change your mind. It features:
- Smooth response, incredible detail and three-dimensional imaging add up to true high-end performance.
- Designed for superior home theater and music performance
- Exceptional deep bass response provided by patented Power PortÂª venting technology (Power Port mounted on the back of the enclosure).
- Polk's exclusive Dynamic BalanceÂ¨ technology for wide response and low distortion
- Smooth, natural mid-range reproduction thanks to patented Acoustic Resonance Control technology
- Anti-diffraction bezel and grille system minimizes grille-edge reflections (diffraction) for more open, spacious and life-like imaging
- Clear, detailed highs from Polk's Tri-laminate dome tweeter made of polymer with vapor deposited micro-layers of stainless steel and aluminum
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement next to TVs without picture interference
- 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure wire connections
|Frequency Response, -3db||63Hz - 20kHz||60Hz - 23kHz||50Hz - 23kHz||47Hz - 25kHz|
|System Impedance||compatible with 8 ohm outputs||compatible with 8 ohm outputs||compatible with 8 ohm outputs||compatible with 8 ohm outputs|
|Recommended Amplification||20 -100 watts||20 -100 watts||20 -125 watts||20 -200 watts|
|Efficiency (1M, 1Watt)||88dB||89dB||90dB||91dB|
|Woofer||1 - 5 1/4" (133mm)||1 - 5 1/4" (133mm), shielded||1 - 6 1/2" (165mm), shielded||2 - 6 1/2" (165mm), shielded|
|Tweeter||1 - 3/4" (19mm) soft dome||1 - 1" (25mm) soft dome, shielded||1 - 1" (25mm) soft dome, shielded||1 - 1" (25mm) Tri-Laminate dome, shielded|
|Enclosure Height||11.1" (28cm)||11.1" (28cm)||15" (38cm)||21.1" (53.6cm)|
|Enclosure Width||6.6" (16.7cm)||6.6" (16.7cm)||8.1" (21cm)||9.5" (24.1cm)|
|Enclosure Depth||7.9" (20cm)||10.2" (25.9cm)||11.9" (30cm)||14.3" (36.3cm)|
|Shipping Weight||24 lbs. / pair||28 lbs. / pair||40 lbs. / pair||70 lbs. / pair|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
etown.com, June, 1999
"...the RT55s are a lot of fun to listen to... very spacious and airy, and provide a lot of 'bang for the buck."
Vacuum Tube Valley, Issue 12, Summer 1999
"Our panel agreed they sounded big, dynamic, and smooth...They possesed good resolution and a sense of coherency; at the same time they were very smooth and wl-behaved... Polk Audio's RT55 are a great value... we liked the level of sonic refinement provided by the RT55s at this price point."
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.