This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Our best non-powered floor standing loudspeaker.
There are no downloads available. If you need assistance, please contact us.
Real wood. Real high performance.
The RT800i tower speaker is ideal for music only stereo systems or for high performance home theater systems. Its dual 6" Dynamic Balance drivers provide extremely high dynamic range coupled with audiophile transparency, detail and spacious imaging. The RT800i makes everything from action movies to grunge rock to opera, sound fantastic.
The RT800i features:
- Superior home theater and music performance
- High efficiency assures great performance even with low power receivers
- Composite Dynamic Balance Driver Cone for wide response and low distortion
- Improved Dynamic Balance Tri-Laminate Tweeter technology, with vapor deposited micro-layers of stainless steel and aluminum for clear, detailed highs
- Available in three natural wood finishes, each standard and at no extra cost: choose from Maple, Cherry and Black Oak
- A patented Power Port, with downward-firing port, brings you surprisingly powerful, low distortion bass
- Smooth, natural midrange reproduction thanks to patented Acoustic Resonance Control technology
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement next to your TV without picture interference
- Anti-diffraction raised driver bezel minimizes grille diffraction for open, spacious, 3-dimensional imaging
- Slim tower design conserves floor space, the RT800i occupies less than 1 square foot
- Dual (bi-ampable) gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure wire connections
- Adjustable leveling feet/carpet spikes for the ultimate stability on any type of floor
Wood at Vinyl prices - The first thing you'll notice about the RTi Series is their luxurious real wood finishes: beautiful light Maple, inviting Cherry, and serious Black Oak. What will really surprise you, though, is that you won't pay a premium for these distinctive real wood finishes. Our in-house computer controlled woodworking factory, we can offer these rich finishes at prices you'd normally pay for vinyl.
After the look, there's the sound. Just like the legendary RT Series before them, the RTi Series fit the bill whether you're looking for excellent home theater speakers or truly exceptional and musical speakers (because we all know that home theater speakers really have to do a lot more than just provide good movie sound). These RTi Series speakers have the dynamic range and powerful bass response you want for extraordinary home theater sound, and the clarity, spacious imaging and smooth response necessary to make everything from the latest industrial-techno-grunge rock, to your favorite recording of "Don Giovanni" sound simply fantastic.
|Type||Dynamic Balance® Tri-laminate dome tweeter, shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance® drivers, shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||28Hz - 26kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||25 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||42 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 - 250 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-ampable) gold-plated 5-way binding post|
|Height||40 1/4" (102.23cm)|
|Depth||10 1/2" (26.67cm)|
|Width||9 1/8" (23.18cm)|
|Depth||11 1/8" (28.26cm)|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||48.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||Limited, 5 years parts and labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
StereoTimes.com, May 2000
"This system really trips the reality switch in your brain and draws you into the movie. The Polk RT800 home theater speaker system has become my new personal reference."
[ Open Review ]
"Polk's commitment to well-made, fairly priced speakers is evident with just one listen."
[ Open Review ]
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.