This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Three-way floor-standing loudspeaker
Real Wood, Real High Performance
Because our speaker cabinets are built in state-of-the-art computer-controlled woodshops, we control the process from drawing to construction, building in the utmost in quality control to own exacting specifications. Complete control gives us the ability to offer real wood and superior performance at reasonable prices -- prices the competition usually charges for... Vinyl. (Given the choice between vinyl and real wood, which would you pick?)
The RTi150 features:
- Real wood cabinets.
- Your choice of two real wood finishes: Cherry or Black Oak veneers.
- Three 6.5" woofers combine the large surface area benefit of a single large woofer (100 sq. inches) with that of small woofers - a high force to mass ratio - for tighter, punchier, more accurate bass response.
- Polymer-composite Dynamic Balance drivers with butyl rubber surrounds for durability and smooth wide range response.
- 1" silk/polymer composite dome tweeters for clear, detailed highs.
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossover extend high frquency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Slim tower design conserves floor space, occupies only about 1 square foot!
- Anti-diffraction grille and narrow baffle with raised driver bezel to minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Floor-coupled Power Port bass venting for clean, low distortion bass you can really feel.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
- Adjustable leveling feet and carpet spikes included to provide stability on any type of flooring.
- Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome - shielded|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance Polymer composite driver - shielded|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Long-throw Polymer cone woofers - shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||20 Hz - 27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||26 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Mid-High Array Crossover||2.1kHz 2nd order HP & LP|
|Subwoofer Crossover||85Hz between driver and subs, 1st order HP/2nd order LP|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||50 - 500 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-amp) gold plated 5 -way binding posts|
|Width||8 1/4" (20.96cm)|
|Depth||14 7/8" (37.78cm)|
|Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||Sealed and isolated from woofer enclosure|
|Subwoofer Enclosure Type||Vented via floor-coupled Power Port|
|Depth||16 5/16" (41.43cm)|
|Unit of Measure||ea.|
|Total Shipping Weight||81.00 pounds|
|Included Accessories||Carpet spikes and rubber feet|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years Parts and Labor|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.