This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
High Performance Bookshelf Loudspeaker
Real Wood. Real High Performance.
At Polk Audio, we design and manufacture the highest quality speaker cabinets possible, and to build them with the utmost in quality control to exacting specifications.
These RTi Series Bookshelf Loudspeakers feature more real wood than ever before, at prices that other manufacturers charge for... vinyl. Given the choice between vinyl and real wood, who wouldn't choose real wood?
The RTi38 features:
- Real wood cabinets, including real wood fronts and backs, finished in Cherry or Black Oak veneers, for about the price of vinyl.
- Reformulated poly-composite Dynamic Balance drivers with butyl rubber surrounds for durability and smooth wide range response.
- 1" silk/polymer dome tweeters for clear, detailed highs.
- Anti-diffraction grille and narrow baffle with raised driver bezel to minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Power Port bass venting for clean, low distortion bass you can really feel.
- Power Port vent doubles as a convenient, strong, built-in wall mounting bracket for easy, safe placement.
- Mylar bypass capacitor in the crossover extend high frquency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
Classic and classy, the RTi38 Bookshelf Loudspeakers are built to furniture-grade design standards in our state-of-the-art woodshop, for the decor- and performance-conscious audiophile. Real wood, and superior performance, at vinyl prices -- a great Polk Audio tradition continues.
|Type||Dynamic Balance® silk/polymer composite dome, shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance® driver, shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||38Hz-27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||49 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20-150 watts per channel|
|Inputs||5-way binding posts|
|Height||15 1/4" (38.73cm)|
|Width||8 1/4" (20.96cm)|
|Depth||12 3/8" (31.43cm)|
|Mounting Options||Bulit-in kephole slot or optional articulating OmniMount bracket|
|Product Weight (each)||19.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||42.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor, limited|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.