This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
High performance bookshelf loudspeaker
Real Wood, Real High Performance
Why settle for vinyl speakers when you can have the warmth and beauty of real wood at the same price? RTi Series features real wood at vinyl prices.
- Acoustically inert MDF cabinets, finished in Real Cherry Wood or Real Black Oak veneers.
- Dynamic Balance polymer composite driver for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- PowerPort® bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction.
1" silk dome Dynamic Balance tweeter features a neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs; heat-sinked for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- PowerPort® vent doubles as a strong, built-in wall-mounting bracket for easy, safe placement.
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability.
- Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets.
- Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications. (Both models! True bi-wire and bi-amp-ability!)
- Timbre-matched to fit into any Polk Audio home theater or multi-channel music system for a more realistic, more seamless surround sound environment.
Clean lines and radiant metallic details contribute to the superior fit and finish of the new RTi Series Bookshelf Loudspeakers. They deliver superior dynamic impact in smaller cabinet sizes, with no lack of patented Polk Audio technologies, for use as main/front speakers, or direct radiating surround speakers, in high performance A/V or music-only systems.
|Type||Silk/Polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Cone with Rubber Surrounds|
|Total Frequency Response||40Hz-27kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||50 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20-125 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-amp) gold plated 5-way binding posts|
|Height||14 3/4" (37.47cm)|
|Width||7 3/4" (19.68cm)|
|Depth||14 1/4" (36.20cm)|
|Mounting Options||Shelf, stand or wall-mount with built-in keyhole slot|
|Total Shipping Weight||42.50 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.