IP-Ready In-Wall Loudspeaker
14 3/8" H x 10" W x 3 1/2" D
36.51cm H x 25.40cm W x 8.89cm D
Control Your Audio Online
CAT-5-ready, the two IP-ready SC Series models (one for in-wall installation, one for in-ceiling installation) quickly become a part of your home network, and give you the ultimate control over your playlist, throughout your home. Your network will automatically bypass the speakers’ passive crossover, switching to a bi-amp mode. IP control actually enables a significant performance improvement, including better phase characteristics, lower overall distortion and improved sensitivity. When used in conjunction with a Netstreams Digilinx System (not included), preloaded Digital Signal Processing (DSP) settings smooth frequency response and increase bass, for utterly superb, uniquely controlled digital speaker performance. It’s the state-of-the-art in audio control, at a price that you can really control.
IP-ready SC Series models have standard wire connections for existing audio systems, and may be upgraded later to IP control; simply flip the easily accessible toggle switch to choose standard wire connections or IP control.
One-cut easy installation in existing walls or in new construction, for pros or DIYers alike, with no extra assembly and no additional cutting. (Pre-construction brackets are available separately.)
Polk’s exclusive Rotating Cam system ensures stable, secure, vibration-free placement with the turn of a screwdriver.
Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
Dynamic Balance silk dome tweeters, in aimable swivel housings, deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging.
Paintable grilles & flanges make SC Series speakers virtually invisible.
SC Series built-in speakers share cutout sizes and hardware components with other Polk built-in speaker series, so you can more easily upgrade your built-in speakers at any time.
Durable, moisture-resistant materials like stainless steel hardware and a powder-coated, rust-proof aluminum grille allow you to install SC Series built-in speakers in extreme install locations like kitchens, bathrooms, and transitional areas like sunrooms and covered porches.
The SC Series is timbre-matched to all other Polk loudspeakers, for mix-and-match system-building and seamless, speaker-to-speaker perfection.
The SC Series features three of the most advanced built-in loudspeakers you’ll find: A single compact built-in loudspeaker that brings actual dynamic stereo sound to locations where two speakers just won’t work; two high performance IP-ready loudspeakers, allowing whole-home audio networking on a budget for the very first time, and a high performance built-in center channel speaker!
All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
|Mid / Woofer|
|Type||Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone|
|Total Frequency Response||30Hz-20kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||20Khz kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||50 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20-100 watts per channel|
|Cut-Out Width||8 3/4" (22.23cm)|
|Cut-Out Height||12 3/4" (32.38cm)|
|Height||14 3/8" (36.51cm)|
|Mounting Depth (includes 1/2" drywall)||3" (7.62cm)|
|Pre-Construction Bracket||PB 85|
|Overall Depth||3 1/2" (8.89cm)|
|Unit of Measure||each|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do in-wall and in-ceiling speakers go?
- What's the best way to install in-wall or in-ceiling speakers?
- How do I choose between all the different home audio speakers?
- How long is the warranty on Polk loudspeakers?
- How do I obtain service for my loudspeakers?
- The Challenges of Custom Installation (PDF)
- Can the Netstreams PowerLinX power Polk IP speakers? If yes, how many?
- With IP speakers how long can the cables be without any signal loss or degradation
- Has Polk ever tired to run analog inputs into our IP speakers? If yes, how so?
- Do the IP speakers fit into performance enclosures?
- Where can installers find PDF cut sheets for our RTS and IP products?
- Does room optimization software for the IP speakers reside in the speaker or on a separate disc?
- Do the IP speakers have an internal memory such that if the power goes out the system will not reset?
- Are the amps in the IP speakers all digital? Does it contain D-A converters and A-D converters?
- Can you remove amps on IP speakers for remote mounting? How far away?
- IP Speakers FAQ for Dealers and Installers
works with RC85i, SC85, MC85