This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Polk's best 10-inch Dual Voice Coil Component Subwoofer
Mobile Audio for Serious Listeners
SR Signature Features:
"a truly stunning sounding subwoofer."
Performance Auto & Sound
- 700 Watts of CONTINOUS power-handling capability! Seriously.
- 2.5-inch glass/epoxy Voice Coil Former, wound with four layers of heavy-gauge high-temperature aluminum wire, provides the highest level of reliable power-handling.
- Vented Voice Coil, Pole Piece and Basket to more reliably cool high power output in competition situations.
- Massive Die-Cast Aluminum Basket housing a 16-pound motor structure.
- Specially designed curved vanes in the Subwoofer Basket conduct the massive airflow, preventing turbulence and nixing any noise or "chuffing."
- Super tough NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) Surround damps distortion-inducing resonance and stands up to harsh automotive environments.
- Stiff ABS Cones employ catenary geometry, identical to the graph of a hyperbolic cosine, for... Wait a sec. Scan backwards. "Catenary geometry"? "Hyperbolic cosine"? Far as I can tell with my limited knowledge of anything (except how loud this @$£*&%! is), catenary geometry and the hyperbolic cosine describe a curve with a deep, deep low dip; like a mad smile. Suffice to say, it means that engineers got their grubby hands all over these cones and designed them to be so stiff that they damp any distortion that might want to "cosine" anywhere near your deep bass. Enough math! More volume!
- Dynamic Balance Technology, using full-field laser imaging. Dynamic Balance enables Polk engineers are to discover previously hidden distortions on moving drivers. When they see it, they fix it. (You can watch cool little animated laser interferometry images of speakers doing bad things HERE.) You benefit because Dynamic Balance technology designs these performance-robbing resonances right out of Polk Audio drivers. The result is a distortion-free sound that's smooth and effortless, even at competition-level volume.
- Cone construction is optimized with the Klippel Distortion Analyzer, which uses laser technology to better control driver behavior under high output. It maximizes linearity, minimizes distortion, and flattens and extends frequency response.
- Dual Spiders tightly control the Cone's long excursion for the ultimate in tight, detailed, musical bass.
- 10" Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coil configuration.
- Professional Hex-Key Terminals (and a nifty 2.5mm Allen Key, included) can accommodate thick 8-gauge wire.
- Optimized for performance in a small sealed enclosure (or a larger vented enclosure), and designed for easy installation.
|Type||Dynamic Balance woofer with poly- composite cone and NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) Surround|
|Total Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||Dual 4 ohms|
|Efficiency||@ 2 ohms, dB|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||36 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||16.25 mm / 0.64 in|
|Xmax Mechanical||63.5 mm / 2.5 in|
|SD||346.36 sq. cm / 53.69 sq. in|
|Cut-Out Diameter||9" (22.86cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||7" (17.78cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||24.50 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
11 reviews with an average of 4.5Write your own review
by Sergei, October 27, 2007106 out of 185 people found this review helpful.
Works great in small enclosures. Does both low and high frequency exceptionally well.
I'll post 'em if I find 'em.lol.
Was looking for a sub that would play well anything, because i listen to everything starting from deth metal to techno and r&b. This sub can do it all. It's very tight and fast for rock a(love drums). Goes deep for rap. And all that in a .66 box. And looks SEXY too lol
by RON, October 25, 2007102 out of 181 people found this review helpful.
LOUD LOUD AND CLEAN .
LOUD LOUD LOUD AND CLEAN AS A WHISTLE. SO CLEAR . I HAVE A OLD RELIABLE PRO LOGIC (HAD THIS PUPPY FOR NEARLY TEN YEARS) AMP BRIDGE PUMPING JUST 600 WATTS AND MAN OH MAN DOES THING KICK. UNBELIEVABLE LOVE IT. BETTER THAN MY MTX SUB BY FAR.
by prax, January 14, 2009100 out of 193 people found this review helpful.
sound is crisp compared to previous sub experiences and shakes the car when its cranked up
its easy to set it up to hit too hard and overwhelm the other speakers.
i have had this one sub (SR104 DVC) for a 2 plus yrs now. the first cheap box i put it in it actually split open at the seams, second Omix box did fine, and just got a custom box for newer vehicle. only used with a Zapco 500m (my gain is never more than halfway), but thinking about upgrading to a newer amp so it will use its full potential. i listen to rap, pop, techno, and rock on a regular basis and i had to find a sub able to perform well with all those genres and why i have kept in it sealed boxes only.
by MIKE, July 26, 200794 out of 174 people found this review helpful.
watts, rms, overall driver power. I love it!!!
I got my polk sub from my work, (visions electronics) i chose this sub over alpine, kicker, and some other subs, i had NEVER hird this sub be for buying it, but i liked the way they looked, how tight they were, and honistly because of thease reviews. i put this sub into my 91 supra hoping it world sound good, i got it all in and i turned it up and i hird nothing... then my amp(alpine mrp-m850) kicked in and i blew out my back window... but i still had a smile on my face... i was NOT disipointed at all.. i gust had to wate till the next payday to drive my car again...and it was the right price, i payed cost because i work for a dealer, so everybody is happy!!! ps im putting another one in!!
by Stephen, October 21, 200693 out of 178 people found this review helpful.
Sounds great, sound quality is on is the same if not better than a W6V2.
None as of yet
I have this sub running off of a JBL GTO 1201.1 and this thing sounds awesome. It's really clean and pretty hard.
by john, November 14, 200693 out of 182 people found this review helpful.
i install the c500.1 mono block amp to the sub and it sounds great but i know it can take more power.
by Kam, April 14, 200893 out of 173 people found this review helpful.
Clean, clear, tight sound. Beautiful design -- I wish I had a clear enclosure.
I'll post it when I find one....
This is one of the best-looking subs you can buy at this price range, and performance is exceptional. Very clean, tight bass at all volume levels. I'm running it off an Alpine MRD-M605 (600W) and it does great! Highly recommended.
by Kenny Montgomery, April 9, 200984 out of 162 people found this review helpful.
Super loud, super clean, super clean, and looks hella nice
The voice coils have been blown once on all four speakers...but now im having other troubles... the wire from the cone to the terminals keep burning through...
I have 4 of these bad boys in my lil saturn ion... i have the SR104 DVC's... i have all custom boxes built for them and i have them hooked up to two rockerfrosgate amps the 1500-1bd (3000 watts each)theres so much bass that you seriously cant breathe!!! and the amps are below a quarter of the way up...but im having problems because the wire that runs from the cone to the terminal keep burning through!!! maybe they cant take the amps???
by Travis, June 7, 200780 out of 163 people found this review helpful.
Distortion at high volumes
Amazing sound quality on rock music, extremely tight and clean on higher notes also If played too loudly however it distorts, if you plan on listening to rap but still want the tightness of a 10 go for atleast 2 of these
by Adam, September 20, 200980 out of 152 people found this review helpful.
Big and heavy.
Great sub I have it in a .77 cube box with .75lb of polly fill. run by a PA600.1 sounds great and hits hard.
by brandon, January 1, 201051 out of 87 people found this review helpful.
Amazing sound quality and spl for a single 10" sub. Super loud and clean in both sealed and vented boxes built to spec. Clean look.
Flawed terminal wire design makes for a heavy wire flopping around beating itself up and degrading speaker life. Wire should be woven / integrated into spider for longevity under stress. Wire slap on cone from terminal wire is annoying at high spl. Wish I could get a replacement for free.
This sub sounds amazing, crisp, deep, smooth, powerfully bass. I am an amateur audiophile and producer. I love sound and have worked in car audio for well over 15 years. I have been bumping subs since the origional RF punch, the Vega strokers, origional solobaric, infinity perfects, and so on. This sub is just so clean and accurate. I ran it in both to spec. Sealed and vented. Both with good results. Sadly the sub died after 6mo on a 640w rms soundstream class ab amp. It has a burnt lead between the voice coil and terminal. It will kick on if you push in the cone or crank the volume nutcases soon as the current drops the sub dies. Unfortunately I bought It from an unauthorized dealer new and no manufacturer warranty is available. I miss it but wish it could handle the stress and cold better.
View all Professional Reviews
Performance Auto & Sound
"...this woofer hit so hard I honestly thought someone had kicked the back of my seat - is that hard enough for you?"
"The SR104 reproduced the bass line with accurate detail on a level I rarely get to experience. Not only is it lightening fast and detaled, but it also offers excellent low frequency extension."
"[the SR104] offered a sense of warmth and size that sounded more like a 15-inch subwoofer."
"a truly stunning sounding subwoofer."
[ Open Review ]
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.