This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Polk's best 10-inch Single Voice Coil Component Subwoofer
Mobile Audio for Serious Listeners
- 700 Watts of CONTINOUS power-handling capability! Seriously.
- 2.5-inch glass/epoxy Voice Coil Former, wound with four layers of heavy-gauge high-temperature aluminum wire, provides the highest level of reliable power-handling.
- Vented Voice Coil, Pole Piece and Basket to more reliably cool high power output in competition situations.
- Massive Die-Cast Aluminum Basket housing a 16-pound motor structure.
- Specially designed curved vanes in the Subwoofer Basket conduct the massive airflow, preventing turbulence and nixing any noise or "chuffing."
- Super tough NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) Surround damps distortion-inducing resonance and stands up to harsh automotive environments.
- Stiff ABS Cones employ catenary geometry, identical to the graph of a hyperbolic cosine, for... Wait a sec. Scan backwards. "Catenary geometry"? "Hyperbolic cosine"? Far as I can tell with my limited knowledge of anything (except how loud this @$£*&%! is), catenary geometry and the hyperbolic cosine describe a curve with a deep, deep low dip; like a mad smile. Suffice to say, it means that engineers got their grubby hands all over these cones and designed them to be so stiff that they damp any distortion that might want to "cosine" anywhere near your deep bass. Enough math! More volume!
- Dynamic Balance Technology, using full-field laser imaging. Dynamic Balance enables Polk engineers are to discover previously hidden distortions on moving drivers. When they see it, they fix it. (You can watch cool little animated laser interferometry images of speakers doing bad things HERE.) You benefit because Dynamic Balance technology designs these performance-robbing resonances right out of Polk Audio drivers. The result is a distortion-free sound that's smooth and effortless, even at competition-level volume.
- Cone construction is optimized with the Klippel Distortion Analyzer, which uses laser technology to better control driver behavior under high output. It maximizes linearity, minimizes distortion, and flattens and extends frequency response.
- Dual Spiders tightly control the Cone's long excursion for the ultimate in tight, detailed, musical bass.
- 10" Single 4-Ohm Voice Coil configuration.
- Professional Hex-Key Terminals (and a nifty 2.5mm Allen Key, included) can accommodate thick 8-gauge wire.
- Optimized for performance in a small sealed enclosure (or a larger vented enclosure), and designed for easy installation.
|Type||Dynamic Balance woofer|
|Total Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||35 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||16.25 mm / 0.64 in|
|SD||346.36 sq. cm / 53.69 sq. in|
|Cut-Out Diameter||9" (22.86cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||7" (17.78cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||24.50 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
Performance Auto & Sound
"...this woofer hit so hard I honestly thought someone had kicked the back of my seat - is that hard enough for you?"
"The SR104 reproduced the bass line with accurate detail on a level I rarely get to experience. Not only is it lightening fast and detaled, but it also offers excellent low frequency extension."
"[the SR104] offered a sense of warmth and size that sounded more like a 15-inch subwoofer."
"a truly stunning sounding subwoofer."
[ Open Review ]
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.