This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Polk's best 12-inch Single Voice Coil Component Subwoofer
Mobile Audio for Serious Listeners
Subwoofers for Serious Listeners
Polk Audio rocked the car stereo world in the spring of 2005 with the introduction of the SR6500 Signature Reference component/coaxial system hailed by Car Audio & Electronics magazine as "...the best performance, the best cosmetics the best engineered" component system. The same attention to detail and performance we brought to the SR6500 system we now offer in the all-new Signature Reference SR124 and SR104 Subwoofers. Both models are designed to provide competition-grade bass performance when installed in small sealed enclosures (.88 cubic ft net volume for the SR104 and 1.2 cubic ft net volume for the SR124).
SR Signature Features:
- Massive die-cast aluminum basket to house the 16 pound motor structure.
- A 2.5 inch glass/epoxy voice coil former wound with four layers of heavy gauge high temperature Aluminum wire provides the highest power handling and reliability.
- Voice coil is bathed in cooling air via an extensive network of vents in the pole piece and basket.
- Specially designed curved vanes smooth the airflow to minimize air turbulence that could cause noise and â€œchuffing.â€?
- Dual progressive roll spiders precisely control the cone's long excursion for the ultimate in â€œtight,â€? detailed and musical bass.
- Polk's Klippel Distortion Analyzer, which uses laser technology to measure and optimize driver behavior under high output, helps maximize linearity, minimize distortion, flatten and extend frequency response.
- ABS Cone employs catenary geometry for greater distortion damping stiffness.
- NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) Surround damps distortion inducing resonance as it stands up to harsh automotive environments.
- Hex-key terminals (use a 2.5mm Allen key) for clean, professional hookups can accommodate up to 8 gauge speaker wire.
|Type||Dynamic Balance woofer with poly-composite cone and NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) Surround|
|Total Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||29 Hz|
|Xmax Linear||16.25 mm / 0.64 in|
|Xmax Mechanical||63.5 mm / 2.5 in|
|SD||499 sq. cm / 77.35 sq. in|
|Cut-Out Diameter||11" (27.94cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||7 3/5" (19.30cm)|
|Product Weight (each)||26.50 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Speaker Warranty||3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.