This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
6.5 inch two way system with external crossover
The Ultimate Listening Experience
PERFECT FIT, ULTIMATE FLEXIBILITY
The SR6500 can be used either as a separate component system or converted into the best dang coaxial speaker on the planet. Each SR System includes mounting adaptor plates that allow the SR6500 to fit almost any application.
The tweeter can be used either as a separate component or post mounted coaxially with the driver. Two flush mount cups (straight and angled) and two coaxial posts (straight and angled) are provided for the ultimate in installation flexibility.
Award-winning Polk Audio technology places the SR Signature Reference Series at the apex of high-performance car audio. The drivers use aerated polypropylene cones for maximum stiffness and minimum cone resonance, ensuring a tight, clean, articulate response.
Aerated Polypropylene Cone. The mid/bass driver cone is Aerated Polypropylene in which air is injected into Polypropylene to produce a honeycomb structure that serves to stiffen and damp the cone without adding mass. This is the same cone technology employed in Polk's critically acclaimed LSi Series audiophile-grade home speaker line.
- Polyimide Voice Coil Former for high thermal stability (rated to 220°C) high power handling and low mass.
- 1 1/2" Voice Coil For better power handling and bass output.
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Damps cone resonance for wider response and lower distortion. High resistance to UV and temperature extremes means long life and reliability.
- Removable Phase Plug
- For smooth, flat frequency response even off-axis. Remove the phase plug and replace it with either a straight or angled tweeter mounting post to transform the SR6500 into the absolute best coaxial speaker on the planet.
- Neodymium Magnet Structure
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) design makes the powerful neodymium magnet more linear for lower distortion and higher definition. Small Neo magnet makes the SR6500 easier to fit into more locations and vehicles.
- Die Cast Aluminum Basket
- Provides greater resistance to resonance.
- 2 1/2" Mounting depth plus supplied spacer rings ensure easy installation into a wide variety of cars.
- U.S. & Euro hole patterns to line up with the mounting screw holes of virtually any vehicle.
- 4-Way Gold Plated corrosion resistant input terminals accept fastons, spade lugs and bare wire.
- Vent Holes in the basket equalize air pressure on both sides of the spider for more linear travel, flatter frequency response and lower distortion.
OUR CROSSOVERS MAKE A BEAUTIFUL SOUND, TOO
The SR Series outboard crossover features 2nd Order filters with the finest 1% tolerance parts including Mylar Film Capacitors and Air-Core Inductors. You hear better dynamic impact, more transparency, faster transient response and lower distortion. All of which adds up to utterly sublime music to your ears.
The SR components are easily bi-amped with seperate woofer and tweeter crossover inputs. Gold-plated terminals resist corrosion, and three levels of tweeter attenuation let you dial in the treble balance that's right for you.
- Zoebel Network flattens the system impedance curve for more efficient power transfer and flatter response.
- Air Core Inductors with Oxygen Free Copper wire, for wider dynamic range, contrast and punch.
- •Tweeter Protection Circuit.
- Gold-plated connectors.
- Mylar Capacitors for better damping factor and tighter bass. 1% tolerance Resistors and Capacitors for perfect unit-to-unit consistency. 4-position Tweeter levels: +1, 0, -1.5, -3.
- Cast-Aluminum heat sink chassis.
- 2nd Order Low Pass Filter.
- 3rd Order High Pass Filter.
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance driver with aerated polyproplyene cone|
|Total Frequency Response||40 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Driver Diameter||1 1/2" (3.81cm)|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||50-250 watts per channel|
Thiele / Small Parameters
|Resonant Frequency||60 Hz|
|SD||21 sq. in., 135 sq. cm.|
|VAS||0.4 Cu. Ft., 11.3 L|
|Cut-Out Diameter||5 5/8" (14.29cm)|
|Height||1 7/8" (4.76cm)|
|Length||4 1/2" (11.43cm)|
|Width||6 3/4" (17.14cm)|
|Tweeter Cut-Out Diameter||2" (5.08cm)|
|Height||1 1/8" (2.86cm)|
|Diameter||6 15/16" (17.62cm)|
|Driver Mounting Depth|
|Top Mount||2 9/16" (6.51cm)|
|Tweeter Mounting Depth|
|Flush Mount Depth||1" (2.54cm)|
|Unit of Measure||system|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
View all Professional Reviews
Car Audio & Electronics
"New technology, incredible audio reproduction equals pure excellence"
"Through the use of cutting edge materials and technology, Polk Audio has created a set of audiophile-grade components that rival some of the best home speakers I've heard in terms of detail, dynamics and imaging."
[ Open Review ]
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.