This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Audiophile quality component SIRIUS satellite radio tuner
The Best Radio On Radio
SIRIUS satellite radio lovers rejoice! Now you can enjoy the SIRIUS programming you love in your home, from a component-style tuner that delivers 100% of SIRIUS' digital sound quality. The Polk Audio SR-H1000 tuner sets the performance standard for all SIRIUS tuners.
You no longer have to remember to take your portable SIRIUS tuner out of the car and hook it up to a home adapter. Set it up once and the SR-H1000 is ready to provide high fidelity SIRIUS programming in your home. Its 15" width and gloss black faceplate look right at home among your other audio gear.
With alarm & timer functions, you can wake up or go to sleep listening to your favorite SIRIUS station.
The SR-H1000 has a composite video output so you can view all of the standard SIRIUS information right on your TV screen--channel number, name, artist name and song title. Of course that information is also on the front panel.
With multiple channel surfing options, you can directly punch in a number, scroll by category, view by song title, channel title or artist, or access via 30 channels of direct presets. A jump button is also included- think of it as a "station recall at the press of a button" for quick switching to and from a single station.
The SR-H1000 features high-quality digital-to-analog circuitry to extract maximum detail from the SIRIUS signal. Portable units often use the cheapest quality components in their construction. Not so with the SR-H1000!
Everything Needed for Hook Up Included
The Polk SR-H1000 comes with everything you need to enjoy SIRIUS radio the day you bring it home: an indoor/outdoor SIRIUS antenna with 21 foot cable (an optional 50 foot or wireless extension is available), a digital optical cable and an RCA analog audio cable are all included in the carton.
Hooking up is a snap. The SR-H1000 features an Optical digital output and standard RCA analog stereo outputs so you can hook it up to ANY stereo receiver or amp. Of course, you'll need to subscribe to the SIRIUS Satellite Radio service.
Connect the antenna and place it near a window. Then connect to any stereo receiver with its optical digital output or standard RCA jack analog stereo outputs. Then call SIRIUS (1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)) or log onto www.sirius.com to activate.
Perfect for Integrators and Distributed Audio
For custom installers and system integrators, RS232 allows control from home automation products such as Netstreams, Crestron, AMX etc.
Included rack ears allow convenient mounting in standard-width racks, simplifying installation. SSP input allows addition of a second zone when SC-HI SiriusConnect is added. IR input eliminates the need for an IR flasher and a 12-volt trigger input can be used to turn the unit on and off.
With SIRIUS' Music for Business subscription means the SR-H1000 is great for businesses such as restaurants, bars, retail stores, heath clubs, etc.
Additional SR-H1000 features include:
- Expandable to Dual Tuner Mode- SSP input allows connection to a second zone when optional SC-HI SiriusConnect is added.
- Touch Sensitive Front Panel Buttons look great and are back lit.
- Full Function Remote Control gives you total control of the tuner at your fingertips.
- Built-In Signal Strength Meter helps you position your antenna for perfect reception.
- Composite Video output with screen saver allows connection to your TV. Displays time, channel, song and artist information.
- 10 Button Direct Access Presets on front panel and on remote, with 3 banks allows up to 30 presets- for easy recall of your favorite stations. Category Function allows you to scan through major categories of channels (Rock, Talk, Sports, etc.)
- Game Alert- Alerts you if your favorite team's game is on. Select NFL, NBA, NHL or College, then select your favorite team, and Game Alert will tell you when the game is on. You can also set it so it alerts you if there's a change in score.
- Jump Function allows one button easy access of a particular station such as news, traffic or weather. Program your favorite station and access it at the touch of a button. Then press the jump button again to go back to whatever you were listening to.
- Song Seek allows you to mark up to 20 of your favorite songs and will alert you if when they start playing on any channel.
- Replay- Think of it as "on-demand" for your satellite radio! Pause, Rewind and Replay up to the last 44 minutes of content with this function.
- Parental Control allows you to lock out certain channels.
- Clock appears on front panel and on screen and is automatically set via satellite signal.
- Output Level Control matches the analog output volume of the SR-H1000 to match that of other sources in your system for consistent volume as you switch from SIRIUS to other sources.
- Timer and Alarm Function - You can set the SR-H1000 to automatically shut off if a button is not pressed in 30, 60 or 90 minutes. You can also program the unit to turn on at a certain time, too.
- 12-Volt Trigger Input - If your receiver has a 12-Volt trigger output, you can connect your SR-H1000 to it and have the receiver turn the SR-H1000 on and off
- Includes - Remote Control, power cable, indoor/outdoor antenna with 21' cable, rack mount ears, Fiber Optic and analog audio cables.
|Height||2 3/4" (6.99cm)|
|Width||14 3/4" (37.47cm)|
|Depth||10 5/8" (26.99cm)|
|Included Accessories||Remote Control, power cable, indoor/outdoor antenna with 21’ cable, rack mount ears, Fiber Optic and analog audio cables.|
|Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
2 reviews with an average of 3.5Write your own review
by John, May 28, 20082 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Looks good. Great operational features.
Weak output (I am receiving a full signal from an outside antenna) and diminished frequency response. Sound seems chopped off on both ends of the hearing spectrum...wish you could have expanded it.
Good looks. Great operational capabilities. Unfortunately, and I have a new Cambridge system, the signal is no better than the small portable Sirius radio I had docked. Wish it had more power output and a wider frequency response.
by J. B. Johnson, August 5, 20080 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Excellent product. Very good signal output for connecting to a home theater system.
No weaknesses to note on the product itself to date. If you need help getting the proper installation for this unit in your home, get the help you need and you will be glad you did. I'm sure Polk Audio will help in any way they can to get you headed in the right direction.
This product will do exactly what it is designed to do when properly set up. When the satellite antenna is properly positioned per the provided instructions, you ensure that any required signal diplexer/splitter components are properly placed (I used an existing antenna cable in my attic to combine the SR-H1000 satellite signal), this satellite receiver will provide stellar performance. No static; no choppiness at all. Very clean signal for amplification, most likely due to the DAC converter inside. When amplified through my Onkyo receiver, the digital performance sounds like I am playing CD's that are crystal clear and in digital PCM format -- you cannot tell the difference and think that you are playing a CD! If you experience "choppiness", the most likely cause is that you do not have your antenna set up properly to get full signal strength. For instance, the "window sill" antenna did not work in my home and provided a signal that was weak and "choppy" -- I did not expect it to work knowing when I bought the SR-H1000 that I would need an external antenna. I purchaed an external antenna kit from Sirius, it arrived in a couple of days, installed it per instructions, and, WOW! I am impressed and very pleased with the results! Great product, Polk Audio! Keep up the good work!
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.