This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Two-way bookshelf loudspeaker
Incredible Sound / Affordable Price
The T20e features:
- High efficiency design allows the T20e to reveal the classic Polk Audio sound (open, spacious and clear) even when driven by modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers.
- 1-inch (25mm) Fabric/Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Dome Tweeter with powerful Neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- 5 1/4-inch Bi-Laminate Composite Dynamic Balance Driver is lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and midrange clarity with lower distortion.
- Small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, "box-less", three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with ¾"-thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality.
- Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.
- Dual Five-Way Binding Post Connectors, allowing for more secure hook-up options, as well as bi-wiring and bi-amping flexibility.
- These speakers are "modern living accessories" that make a stylish statement in Black wood grain finish, with Black faces.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement on or near TVs and video monitors with no risk of video distortion.
- Built-in keyhole wall mounting brackets for strong, secure on-wall mounting with no added brackets to buy.
- Critically Tuned Flared Port minimizes port noise "chuffing" for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
|Type||Dynamic Balance Silk/polymer composite dome, magnetically shielded|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance Bi-laminate composite cone driver, magnetically shielded|
|Total Frequency Response||55Hz - 25kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||24 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||63 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 -100 watts per channel|
|Inputs||Dual (bi-amp) 5 way binding post|
|Depth||8 3/8" (21.27cm)|
|Mounting Options||on-wall with built-in key hole slot|
|Product Weight (each)||9.00 pounds|
|Unit of Measure||pair|
|Total Shipping Weight||22.00 pounds|
|Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
1 reviews with an average of 5Write your own review
by Scott Reynolds, March 17, 20100 out of 0 people found this review helpful.
Clearity, Bass, Impact for Blu Ray movies. Speakers sound much, much larger than they look.
Perceived to be a little bright but after listening to others I realized this is a plus.
I bought a pair of T20E's about 5 years ago. I use them as front channel apeakers in a 5.1 system. I have been auditiong speakers for about a year thinking I would upgrade. I have auditioned Paradigm, B&W and KEF bookshelf's. The Paradigm and KEF were auditioned in my home next to the Polks. I came to realize that the Polks were are EQUAL in sound quality to all the others I have auditioned. I have decided to upgrade to Polk Center Channel and Polk Sub for about 1/2 the price of new front speakers. I highly recommend these speakers for all round movie and music reproduction. I can't find other bookshelf speakers that I would prefer to the Polks.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.