This product is a vintage Polk model and is not available for sale, but it may still be available in some stores as a closeout or used product. The following text is taken from the original sales brochure for this product and does not reflect current availability. If you happen to have any question or concerns about this product, or any other Polk Audio product, feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm EST
Total Control, Total Custom Sound
TCi Series In-Wall/In-Ceiling Loudspeakers are the performance alternative for custom installed sound systems. They give you superior sound and superior value. Mix and match TCi In-Wall/In-Ceiling Loudspeakers with Polk Audio RTi Series loudspeakers to create a voice-matched home theater system boasting realistic surround sound without the space requirements of traditional speaker systems (RTi front stage, TCi rear surrounds for example).
- Sold singly (packaged one per box). Single units can be used for center channel applications in stealth installs!
- Dynamic Balance polymer composite driver for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- Aimable 3/4" silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs and direct control; excellent imaging even for off-axis listening positions.
- Wide dispersion design for uniform sound-coverage throughout even large rooms.
- Durable, moisture resistant materials, including Butyl Rubber surrounds, for safe use in kitchen, bath & sauna.
- Infinite Baffle Tuning uses the virtual enclosure of in-wall space for superior bass response.
- Paintable, powder-coated Aluminum Grilles allow TCi Series speakers to virtually disappear in your room!
- Installation is easy as 1-2-3: cut one hole, feed the wires, and simply drop the speaker in. Rotating Cams secure the speaker safely with no extra assembly or mess.
- Pre-Construction Brackets available for new construction or major renovation. Use PB 65 (Polk Part # AW0066-A).
- Timbre-matched to the whole Polk Audio RTi Series of high performance loudspeakers.
|Type||Silk/polymer composite dome|
|Mid / Woofer|
|Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Type||Dynamic Balance driver with mineral-filled polyproplyene cone and butyl rubber surround|
|Total Frequency Response||32Hz-20kHz|
|Upper -3dB Limit||20 kHz|
|Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10-100 watts per channel|
|Cut-Out Width||7 3/8" (18.73cm)|
|Cut-Out Height||10 7/8" (27.62cm)|
|Height||12 1/16" (30.64cm)|
|Width||8 11/16" (22.07cm)|
|Mounting Depth (includes 1/2" drywall)||2 7/8" (7.30cm)|
|Unit of Measure||each|
|Total Shipping Weight||4.00 pounds|
Specifications, dimensions and features subject to change without notice. For more information call us at 1-800-377-7655 (USA and Canada). Outside of North America call +1 (410) 358-3600.
This product is considered a "Recent" or "Vintage" Polk Audio model. It is not a part of our current product lineup. It may still be available in some stores as a "close out" or "used" product. Information provided here about this product may not reflect current realities and does not imply availability. If you happen to have a question or concern about this product, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-377-7655 M-F 9am - 5:30pm EST. Chances are we remember it.
Want to know more? Want to dig just a little deeper to learn about this product? Here's a list of source material that will give more detail, other perspectives, and answer questions you may have.